Rich R32's Blog - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Rich R32's Blog

• Please log in to reply
2281 replies to this topic

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
I almost forgot SirHenri has this on his Biturbo https://www.r32oc.com...ardo-italy.html :hello:
Banner by Rich R32, on Flickr

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
One thing I learned about modifying/tuning cars....it NEVER actually ends!!! :D I'm sure most of you out there...will agree? You either keep going with your current mode of transport or start all over again with a new one :rolleyes:

Here are a some of the lil' changes/tweaks I've done along the way....

Focal Access 165A
Posted Image
Posted Image
Original thread here https://www.r32oc.com...s-165s-mk4.html

W8 light
Posted Image

NewSouth Oil Temp and Boost gauges
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Original thread here https://www.r32oc.com...s-my-mk4-r.html

Euro .:R Badge
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Steering Wheel .:R Badge
Posted Image
Posted Image
Original thread here https://www.r32oc.com...-badge-mod.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Rich R32, 14 July 2009 - 12:22 AM.

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Hi folks, just a few recent pics to bring me up to date. Hope you like them? :top:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wömble

Wömble

Site Signature Maker

• Moderators
  • 3626 posts
  • LocationNorth West
Looks great Rich !, about the audio build, you do the inside of the door i.e. behind the glass, not on the glass cover you see when you take the door card off ?

Posted Image

Non Resonated Milltek, Rear Aero Wiper, VW Delta Aux Adapter, Automatic lights

Posted Image

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Looks great Rich !, about the audio build, you do the inside of the door i.e. behind the glass, not on the glass cover you see when you take the door card off ?

Thanks Sam, tbh if your referring to dynamat? I haven't got any on the inside of the door skin...basically cos the front speakers are not amp driven...they're driven from h/unit only. After years of spending copious amounts of £££'s on audio stuff on previous cars...I've tried to keep this one to a minimum and I prefer to listen to the turbo'd V6 sound track! ;) :top:

Edited by Rich R32, 13 July 2009 - 10:04 PM.

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Just wanted to continue with my previous thread https://www.r32oc.com...2-vs-zanio.html here.
I am currently on layer 10 of Z5 so I decided to go for a little drive out and put this 'Zaino Z-5 PRO will deliver stunning results that'll turn heads, drop jaws, and solicit envious looks no matter where you go or what you drive. It's that good.' to the test as per quoted here Zaino Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches ;)

Here are a few pics.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then afterwards a layer of Z6......
Posted Image

I pinched this idea from Paulie https://www.r32oc.com...der-bonnet.html hope you don't mind mate tis very good indeed cheers :top:
Posted Image
With just under half a bottle of Z5 I might squeeze another 10 more layers if not it's gonna be Z2....:rolleyes:

That's all for now folks....thanks for reading :ciao:

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 4023 posts
Wowee - V Nice Rich !!

But m8 - go easy on the polishing.... Look-
Posted Image

The bonnet has had so much polishing its begining to wear through the metal ! Eeek.

;)
 0-60: 3.7sec                                            BHP: 450-500                        Torque: 700+ Nm                              Fun: Incalculable
gallery_2294_1980_2835.jpg gallery_2294_1980_8853.png gallery_2294_1980_12960.jpg gallery_2294_1980_20971.jpg

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Thanks Toffs....don't worry fella more layers=more shine + protection ;) :top:

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Hi folks, after 15 layers of Zaino I decided to call it a day! Not the easiest stuff to use if I'm totally honest! Hopefully, the results are worthwhile....but I'll let you folks be the judge of that? I guess 'old habits die hard'...cos I still prefer my carnuba wax as it's simple and straight forward....with NO complicated instructions to follow lol

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

15 layers (Z5+Z2 combo) followed by Z6 between coats. A layer of P21s concours wax and Z8 grande finale.

Thanks for reading :top:

pomme

pomme

• Members
  • 4328 posts
Wow that looks stunning mate. Really really good results. Suprised to hear you have gone back to a wax, have you tried the Zaino Clear-Seal?
[font=Comic Sans MS][b]My Blog

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Wow that looks stunning mate. Really really good results. Suprised to hear you have gone back to a wax, have you tried the Zaino Clear-Seal?

Thanks Andrew...I do have a bottle of Z-CS Clear - not tried it yet? I don't regret using Zaino at all....but I decided to apply a final layer of wax which seemed to work really well as mentioned on various sites/forums..?

I haven't given up on Zaino yet...but carnuba wax is imo so much easier to apply and remove...lol :top:

James (caxton01)

James (caxton01)

.:R32OC Resident Pervert

• 7935 posts
Hi Rich

Well FIFTEEN LAYERS of Zaino !

Looks the nuts mate what a shine

Did you say that you wanted to do mine ? ,lol
James :)

Posted Image

2003 (53) DBP - FULL LEATHER - MILLTEK NON RES - STAGE TWO APS REMAP - DELOCKED DOORS - DOOR ALARM BLUE LED's - CARBONIO COLD AIR INTAKE - BLUE SPORT HALDEX CONTROLLER - UPGRADED BRAKES FROM JORDAN'S GROUP BUY - WITH PROJECT U PADS - FRONT (25mm) and REAR (21mm) H&R ARB WITH DEFCRON2 BUSHES - FULL INSTULATION OF LED BULBS - MK5 REAR WIPER - SEAT CUPRA FRONT SPLITTER - VENTED FRONT SIDE GRILLS - VW CENTRE WHEEL CAPS - R32 TAX DISK - "R"-SIDE DECALS - DBP ENGINE COVER - DBP REAR VW BADGE - R32OC.COM STICKERS

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Hi Rich

Well FIFTEEN LAYERS of Zaino !

Looks the nuts mate what a shine

Did you say that you wanted to do mine ? ,lol

HaHa James, are you willing to travel up north? Even so it'll be dirty by the time you get home lol

Thanks for the comments :top:

James (caxton01)

James (caxton01)

.:R32OC Resident Pervert

• 7935 posts
Ha ha Rich

Up North is uphill ,lol.

My car was dirty , But nice and clean now

Stunning work though .

Happy days !
James :)

Posted Image

2003 (53) DBP - FULL LEATHER - MILLTEK NON RES - STAGE TWO APS REMAP - DELOCKED DOORS - DOOR ALARM BLUE LED's - CARBONIO COLD AIR INTAKE - BLUE SPORT HALDEX CONTROLLER - UPGRADED BRAKES FROM JORDAN'S GROUP BUY - WITH PROJECT U PADS - FRONT (25mm) and REAR (21mm) H&R ARB WITH DEFCRON2 BUSHES - FULL INSTULATION OF LED BULBS - MK5 REAR WIPER - SEAT CUPRA FRONT SPLITTER - VENTED FRONT SIDE GRILLS - VW CENTRE WHEEL CAPS - R32 TAX DISK - "R"-SIDE DECALS - DBP ENGINE COVER - DBP REAR VW BADGE - R32OC.COM STICKERS

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Ha ha Rich

Up North is uphill ,lol.

My car was dirty , But nice and clean now

Stunning work though .

Happy days !

Thanks matey! :D

pomme

pomme

• Members
  • 4328 posts

Thanks Andrew...I do have a bottle of Z-CS Clear - not tried it yet? I don't regret using Zaino at all....but I decided to apply a final layer of wax which seemed to work really well as mentioned on various sites/forums..?

I haven't given up on Zaino yet...but carnuba wax is imo so much easier to apply and remove...lol :top:

Ahhh give the CS a try mate as i got a bottle of Opti-seal which is basically exactly the same and gives a really really nice look and the best bit is you use a tiny bit and its wipe on and walk away with no buffing :) :) :)
[font=Comic Sans MS][b]My Blog

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Ahhh give the CS a try mate as i got a bottle of Opti-seal which is basically exactly the same and gives a really really nice look and the best bit is you use a tiny bit and its wipe on and walk away with no buffing :) :) :)

Will do mate, cheers :top:

wrk_in_progress

wrk_in_progress

.:R32OC Site Contributor

• 4573 posts
Looks fantastic mate. What do you mean by hard to use????

Progress thread >http://http://www.r3...ess-thread.html

Milltek Manifolds, Sports cat and Non Res Carbonio CAI 25mm Rear Spacers

Alpine W502 TST rear stress Brace Anthracite Astros

Posted Image

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Looks fantastic mate. What do you mean by hard to use????

Thanks Simon, you will find out mate...:laugh: My advice is to follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine. What I found was, possibly only on darker cars? You sometimes get a shadow after removing the Z2/Z5 polish - even after 12 hrs of curing time! So a lil' spray of Z6 and turning the mf cloth as you wipe sorts it out ;) :top:

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• 4023 posts
Err Rich.... The first photo got me quite confused...

To be really honest, I thought it was a mirror you were holding up behind you car? I was thinknig you wanted to photo it in the garage and had limited space. After a short while I twigged... Its not a mirror, that is your CAR !

Wow.

WOW.

How am I ever going to be able to look at my car and say its 'clean'... knowing that its possible to make it look like yours !
 0-60: 3.7sec                                            BHP: 450-500                        Torque: 700+ Nm                              Fun: Incalculable
gallery_2294_1980_2835.jpg gallery_2294_1980_8853.png gallery_2294_1980_12960.jpg gallery_2294_1980_20971.jpg

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Err Rich.... The first photo got me quite confused...

To be really honest, I thought it was a mirror you were holding up behind you car? I was thinknig you wanted to photo it in the garage and had limited space. After a short while I twigged... Its not a mirror, that is your CAR !

Wow.

WOW.

How am I ever going to be able to look at my car and say its 'clean'... knowing that its possible to make it look like yours !

LOL thanks Toffs, I will take that as a compliment! :top:

Knobby

Knobby

• 3201 posts
I preferred it standard... ;)
Posted Image

Thanks to Sam for Sig!

My Vdub History/R32 Build....

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

I preferred it standard... ;)

Standard=no aftermarket alloys and coilovers....:flute:

Knobby

Knobby

• 3201 posts
LOL....

What rear wiper arm/blade is that.. i like the look..
Posted Image

Thanks to Sam for Sig!

My Vdub History/R32 Build....

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

LOL....

What rear wiper arm/blade is that.. i like the look..

Audi Avant will PM you Dave...:top:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thats nuts, good read, love those big brakes, seen these done before on a forester sti jap import 2006 model mad looking

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

thats nuts, good read, love those big brakes, seen these done before on a forester sti jap import 2006 model mad looking

Thanks John :top: I'm guessing your into a bit of jap tuning? It's all good stuff! ;)

Ar's R32

Ar's R32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
Richard,looking great as ever mate

Hoping to see you soon for a catch up :top:
Regards
Aaron

Posted Image

MARK IV DBP - SUPERSPRINT EXHAUST - ECS STAGE 5 BRAKE KIT - CUSTOM CODE PHASE 2 REMAP - PIPERCROSS VIS INDUCTION KIT - NEUSPEED SHORT SHIFT KIT - 10mm H&R FRONT SPACERS 15mm REAR SPACERS - FRONT SPLITTER - R LINE CENTRE CAPS - DE LOCKED - KENWOOD DDX 5022 - R SIDE EURO BADGES :D

NOW SOLD :frown:

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

Richard,looking great as ever mate

Hoping to see you soon for a catch up :top:

Thanks Aaron hope to see ya at Awesome Gti or Harewood? :top:

FLYER

FLYER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Hi Rich

your car is very nice.

:top:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.