No.4 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

No.4

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Well I've gone and got myself another and have to say I'm over the moon ๐Ÿ˜€

I stuck a wanted advert up the other month and a guy from Carlisle got in contact with me, I went up to see it a couple of weeks later and did the deal.

Spec

3dr
DBP
53,000 miles
Full leather
Cruise control
Fully polybushed
Custom resonated exhaust

Posted Image

From what I can see it's all original paint but really does need a full paint correction as its got loads of swirls!

Plans are nothing other than OEM+

Wanted

Milltek non res
Bilstein B14's

Can't make my mind up whether to put my US spec lights on or not.

Will get some good pics up once I've given it a good once over. As I've said before, this will be my final R32 purchase so I hope it's going to be a keeper.. One thing is for sure I won't be pressured into selling this one due to the likes of tree sap, bird sh!t, finances or on road parking.. I've finally got myself a house with ample parking and a large garage ๐Ÿ˜€

Will be tucked away for the next month whilst I sort my new house out so there won't be any updates for a while ๐Ÿ˜ž

Posted Image

It's good to be back!!

• Antoinemic, ToerryLox and Zkittlez like this

nigp007

nigp007

Gold Member

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 2304 posts
Nice mate.

Looks like mine before I got my hands all over it.

I like to think mine is OEM+ Steroids.
  • Moly90 likes this

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2185 posts
Nice R,nice pad to .........are you sure its number 4 seems like you've owned all the dbp's made ;).
Welcome back!!

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Spot on lee, glad you got one that you actually like lol

Bet it wasn't cheap

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Thanks, love the photo with the flames coming out the back.

Haha it's definitely 4.. Well I think it is! Cheers, it is a nice house I feel privileged to own it as we've been renting places for 5 years now.

It's wasn't cheap, it was realistic unlike some I've seen advertised recently. I do like it, not sure about full leather but I love them smell! I'm struggling to find a rust bubble on this one ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dodders likes this

Steff

Steff

• Members
  • 4134 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex/Canada
Congrats Lee, good to see you back.

Wรถmble

Wรถmble

Site Signature Maker

• Moderators
  • 3626 posts
  • LocationNorth West
Fourth ! Haha, brilliant mate glad you're in another

Posted Image

Non Resonated Milltek, Rear Aero Wiper, VW Delta Aux Adapter, Automatic lights

Posted Image

look595

look595

• Members
  • 874 posts
Quote "it's good to be back"
Then stop pacing around rubbing your head.......enjoy.

• PaulW likes this

look595

look595

• Members
  • 874 posts
Ps, liking the pad.....something about Accrington nori I like.

Bobobahia

Bobobahia

Long Member

• Members
  • 1093 posts
Looks great, wish I had a garage like that!!

PAULR71

PAULR71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Glad you are happy with her Lee take good care of her ! I hope to be returning on here on day owning another
  • Wรถmble likes this

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

Quote "it's good to be back" Then stop pacing around rubbing your head.......enjoy.

Defo not going to let this one stress me out. Yeah we wanted a red brick house, this one is perfect :)

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

Glad you are happy with her Lee take good care of her ! I hope to be returning on here on day owning another

Will defo be taking good care of it Paul ๐Ÿ˜‰ not driven it since I brought it back, it's hard work and I think I'm going to cave in come Saturday morning and get it taxed!!!

Robin

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
Nice :)
www.mcmillanporsche.com

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Been busy with the car this weekend

Yesterday had a much needed service and I added an ITG panel filter. Whilst on the ramps I found some very well hidden blemishes ๐Ÿ˜ž will be getting a couple of quotes this week as I just can't live with blemishes!!!

Posted Image

The car had faulty fans and whilst hungover this morning I decided to install new fans, was a bit of a frustrating job and many choice words could be heard from outside the garage and I started to question why I'm always sorting R32's out..

Posted Image

Took about 4 hours all in but very satisfying to see the fans running as they should in the end ๐Ÿ˜€

I also repaired a broken headlight unit and replaced the sidelights with LED lamps

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also removed the cupra splitter, just never been a fan and think it looks so much better without.

I've also got some Bilstein B14's on the way but there'll be more repairs than modifications for the time being, next I'll be tackling both failed door modules.

Wรถmble

Wรถmble

Site Signature Maker

• Moderators
  • 3626 posts
  • LocationNorth West
If you're tempted to go for the cheaper door modules save your money, good for a few months but can't beat the oem parts, liking the progress so far :)

Posted Image

Non Resonated Milltek, Rear Aero Wiper, VW Delta Aux Adapter, Automatic lights

Posted Image

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Well I've not updated this for a while as I had a bit of a setback shortly after purchase that almost saw the end of R32 ownership for myself ๐Ÿ˜• Decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did.

Since last update I've carried out the following

The car came with a magnex resonated exhaust and I was never happy with how it fit so I picked up a good secondhand milltek and purchased new jet tips and think it sits so much better..

Old
Posted Image

New
Posted Image

Just need to adjust the tips slightly as they are slightly out.

I also had planned for some B14 coilovers but my setback meant I had to put those on hold whilst I recovered and another member snapped them up in the meantime. Once I found myself in a position to play with the car again I went for some BC Racing Coilovers after seeing a recommendation on here,

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I cannot praise them high enough, ride is absolutely brilliant and it also keeps the other half happy with its adjustable dampening ๐Ÿ˜€ I also put 25mm spacers on rear at the same time.

Edited by lee_shep, 09 September 2015 - 10:05 AM.

• PaulW likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Top work as usual Lee ๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • lee_shep likes this

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
I've had to split this into 2 due to the app I'm using to post..

Next thing was the wheel refurb and getting rid of the awful Pirelli P-Zero's it had fitted.

I bought 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1's and took the wheels to F&M Powdercoating in Preston for a refurb.

Car on stands, even went to B&Q to buy blocks to make sure it wasn't grounded ๐Ÿ˜

Posted Image

Back from F&M
Posted Image
Posted Image

How it looks at the moment
Posted Image

Posted Image

I have also done the following

Changed the door module
Oil change etc
New spark plugs
Haldex and Filter
Throttle body clean
U.S. spec lights
New set of grilles - going on when bumper painted

Did the Haldex myself, very easy and satisfying job. Anyone local fancy doing it then I'm happy to lend them the tool.

Next on the list is a bit of paint due to stone chips and then a full detail. I'll be pretty much ready to attend some meets next year ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edited by lee_shep, 09 September 2015 - 10:41 AM.

annavr6

annavr6

• Members
  • 655 posts
this looks lovely, big fan of the OEM + look

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
looks the part buddy, always curious to the BC coilovers for the mk 4, i ran them on my rx7 a few years ago and rated them.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
I can guarantee that this will be the straightest DBP ever,

His old one he was not happy with and it was 100 times better than 99% of the ones you see at shows

Just DONT sell this one Lee !!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
stunning motor
  • lee_shep likes this

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

this looks lovely, big fan of the OEM + look

Thanks, OEM+ is the only way to go ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

looks the part buddy, always curious to the BC coilovers for the mk 4, i ran them on my rx7 a few years ago and rated them.

They are Bob on, I wouldn't hesitate getting them for the R32.. They are very well made.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

His old one he was not happy with and it was 100 times better than 99% of the ones you see at shows

No pressure on me at the next show ๐Ÿ˜ haha. I just hope I can get a perfect paint job as that's usually my main problem.

And the keys to this one would have to be prized out of my lifeless hands.. Getting a new car next year but I'll also be keeping this ๐Ÿ˜€ Mrs won't let me sell this anyway, she's become exhausted by it.
  • MIQ likes this

C7JFW

C7JFW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationEssex, UK

This sounds exciting - does anyone have a link to previous cars/project threads please?

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

This sounds exciting - does anyone have a link to previous cars/project threads please?

I didn't do threads for the first two R32's and I regret that as my second was the one that got away.

This is a link for the third, it's owned by HawkerR32 now and he's put his own spin on it. Reading back I gave him a good base and I know he's happy with it. Picture below is a couple of days before he picked it up.

https://www.r32oc.com...-lee-sheps-r32/

Posted Image

Should change my username to R32SOS!

Edited by lee_shep, 09 September 2015 - 07:36 PM.

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

I didn't do threads for the first two R32's and I regret that as my second was the one that got away.

This is a link for the third, it's owned by HawkerR32 now and he's put his own spin on it. Reading back I gave him a good base and I know he's happy with it. Picture below is a couple of days before he picked it up.

https://www.r32oc.com...-lee-sheps-r32/

Posted Image

Should change my username to R32SOS!

thats a good point you buy pretty good ones, make them perfect and then sell so that someone else can enjoy your hard work lol

HawkerR32

HawkerR32

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAltrincham, Cheshire
and I've ruined it lol

Edited by HawkerR32, 09 September 2015 - 07:51 PM.

Instagram: hawkerr_j

Mk4 build thread: https://www.r32oc.com...k4/page__st__90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.