No.4 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

No.4

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

and I've ruined it lol

Haha

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

thats a good point you buy pretty good ones, make them perfect and then sell so that someone else can enjoy your hard work lol

I do indeed, nobody but myself is enjoying this one.

Edited by lee_shep, 11 September 2015 - 12:56 PM.

SunnySingh

SunnySingh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationLondon
car looks fantastic mate!
  • lee_shep likes this

Sj2112

Sj2112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationHorndean
Looks a beauty

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Thanks for the positive comments 👍🏻

I had my car scanned last week and checked the dreaded timing chain tolerances. They were not good to say the least..

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1442845465.069370.jpg   209.82KB   38 downloads

I've looked through the history and it was serviced every year until the previous owner who span me a load of BS about the history once I'd purchased which put me out of pocket even more at the time and is going to again shortly. It's a shame that honest people are few and far between these days 😡

Anyway, it's going to be either sent to Midland VW or Vagautocare in October to have a replacement chain and clutch as I wouldn't mind a bit of trouble free motoring in the years to come. Was going to leave it till next year but what's the point of owning something you daren't drive 😕

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Thanks for the positive comments 👍🏻

I had my car scanned last week and checked the dreaded timing chain tolerances. They were not good to say the least..

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1442845465.069370.jpg   209.82KB   38 downloads

I've looked through the history and it was serviced every year until the previous owner who span me a load of BS about the history once I'd purchased which put me out of pocket even more at the time and is going to again shortly. It's a shame that honest people are few and far between these days 😡

Anyway, it's going to be either sent to Midland VW or Vagautocare in October to have a replacement chain and clutch as I wouldn't mind a bit of trouble free motoring in the years to come. Was going to leave it till next year but what's the point of owning something you daren't drive 😕

i am not sure who you got it from 😉 , but he is a total Cahuunt, 1 for lying , 2 for being lazy , 3 for almost ruining a mint R, and finally for ripping you off

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

i am not sure who you got it from 😉 , but he is a total Cahuunt, 1 for lying , 2 for being lazy , 3 for almost ruining a mint R, and finally for ripping you off

I have to agree with that. No point me naming and shaming, I'm just going to get on with it and make it a car to be proud of 😎

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Was driving the car tonight and the eml light came on.. It appears that the car might be telling me the chains are past the tolerance 😁 It's booked in with Gaz Jones on Saturday.. Going to be an anxiety filled journey from Lancashire to Lincoln 😐

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
Jesus not good matey! :(
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Was driving the car tonight and the eml light came on.. It appears that the car might be telling me the chains are past the tolerance 😁 It's booked in with Gaz Jones on Saturday.. Going to be an anxiety filled journey from Lancashire to Lincoln 😐

can you get the RAC to take it on a low loader (if your a member) ?

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

can you get the RAC to take it on a low loader (if your a member) ?

Gaz said it's still okay to drive but it is in the back of my mind.. You think the AA would take it even though it starts?

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Gaz said it's still okay to drive but it is in the back of my mind.. You think the AA would take it even though it starts?

depends on your membership type, which cover you had , you remember they picked my up because I went gay and daren't drive it in the monsoon we had 2 years back

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

depends on your membership type, which cover you had , you remember they picked my up because I went gay and daren't drive it in the monsoon we had 2 years back

I upgraded my bank account last night which gives me the top level of cover.. It's definitely an option, there should be no reason why they can't do it?

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

I upgraded my bank account last night which gives me the top level of cover.. It's definitely an option, there should be no reason why they can't do it?

exactly especially if you make it sound worse than it is on the phone and make out like if you drive it , it will break and then they are simply picking a broke car up and dropping it off at a garage of your choice for a repair

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
Yeah make it out like you can't turn it on as there's a high risk of chain snap. Noise, engine light, the works.. Maybe even cry... Just maybe.
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

HawkerR32

HawkerR32

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAltrincham, Cheshire
Have you had it plugged in to see what bought the light up?
Instagram: hawkerr_j

Mk4 build thread: https://www.r32oc.com...k4/page__st__90

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

Have you had it plugged in to see what bought the light up?

Not had chance, I'm driving it over tomorrow. Seems like the alternator is on its way out so it could be something to do with that. Just got to drive with everything off.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Well my trip to Gaz Jones has not got off to a good start 😢 currently freezing my bits off on the M62. The chain doesn't seem to be the issue though.

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443859190.213511.jpg   71.8KB   38 downloads

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso
Break it
  • lee_shep likes this

:)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Well my trip to Gaz Jones has not got off to a good start 😢 currently freezing my bits off on the M62. The chain doesn't seem to be the issue though.

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443859190.213511.jpg   71.8KB   38 downloads

bloody hell mate, it's like you and R32's have some sort of love hate relationship,

Hope it all goes ok at the other end

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

bloody hell mate, it's like you and R32's have some sort of love hate relationship,

Hope it all goes ok at the other end

Tell me about it! Currently sat in the middle of nowhere as the recovery truck taking me to Gaz was out of its area. No idea what's happening.

Sj2112

Sj2112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationHorndean
Fuel pump?

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Alternator gave up, I got a series of lights and the fuel pump was the last to go. I've had to deal with 4 different AA guys and 2 lots of recovery but I've got it there in the end.

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443890888.346923.jpg   56.16KB   38 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443890904.667459.jpg   86.43KB   47 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443890928.779749.jpg   74.59KB   47 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1443890953.908884.jpg   69.34KB   43 downloads

It's been a long day, currently on the last leg of the journey. Home, changed and then time for a serious amount of 🍺

Sj2112

Sj2112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationHorndean
Wow, sorry to see the r32 in its current state

Still looks good in the pics though

I had my fuel pump go on mine after a week of owning it lol

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

Wow, sorry to see the r32 in its current state

Still looks good in the pics though

I had my fuel pump go on mine after a week of owning it lol

Aye it's been a bit of a ball ache but I'm glad I've got it done now 👍🏻

Yeah it looks pretty good 😎

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Just had a couple of images from Gaz..

Engine stripped

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1444037876.412927.jpg   79.54KB   33 downloads

New alternator

Attached File  ImageUploadedByAG Free1444037907.034062.jpg   66.95KB   33 downloads

Decided to get the clutch and flywheel done so that it's all done in one hit.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
I'm surprised you did not get gaz to turbo it too while it was in bits.......
Car looks great. Bet you keen to get it back.

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston

I'm surprised you did not get gaz to turbo it too while it was in bits.......
Car looks great. Bet you keen to get it back.

Haha! Thanks, yeah I can't wait to get it back now.. I'm hoping I can feel a difference

Edited by lee_shep, 07 October 2015 - 10:43 AM.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Travelled to Lincoln yesterday to pick the golf up and had a slow drive back and achieved 38mpg! Couldn't really notice much difference at all. Took it out this morning whilst it was quiet and gave it the beans.. I couldn't believe the difference the chains have made! The car before was very lazy and it didn't pull well at all, I was beginning to think our 1.2tsi Ibiza wasn't that much slower! Whole different kettle of fish now.. It really bites as soon as I tap the accelerator and I can feel plenty of torque through the wheel when accelerating hard and when going through the gears. This may have cost me over two grand but it's money well spent 😍😍😍

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
Glad to see its running right buddy, mines done 55k so im hoping my chains are alright but still need to get it scanned for peace of mind.

Keeping my eye out to see this on the roads.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.