SL4VE's Black MK5 R32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

SL4VE's Black MK5 R32

black mk5 mkv golf r32 dsg 4wd bbs lowered

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

SL4VE

SL4VE

• Members
  • 714 posts

How is it at 60-70 mph, motorways speeds etc?

Been speaking to Lucifer today about one of these
Still undecided about doing this or going for a cat back system from him.

There's no drone if that's what you're asking. Only get drone about 95-100mph but it's not loud just kind of letting you know what's going on.

To be fair. If you drive sensibly and change gear early you can't even tell it's been modified. Only possibly in 1st gear. But step on it a little and its a beast
Posted Image

Wizards sleeve

Wizards sleeve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
i put the standard exhaust back on as i got fed of of every one looking at me because it was so loud

standard with the flapper mod gets my vote all the way home
Mk5 .:R32 DBP

SL4VE

SL4VE

• Members
  • 714 posts
Standard with flapper is rubbish as you get loss of power
Posted Image

Wizards sleeve

Wizards sleeve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Standard with flapper is rubbish as you get loss of power

lol really !!!!!

thats the best thing ive herd all day

so i gess if you fit any other after market exhaust system you will loose power because they do not have the flapper function!

thats whats known as "placebo effect"

SL4VE

SL4VE

• Members
  • 714 posts

lol really !!!!!

thats the best thing ive herd all day

so i gess if you fit any other after market exhaust system you will loose power because they do not have the flapper function!

thats whats known as "placebo effect"

I hear where you are coming from. But I put mine back to standard from the flapper mod for a week before I did the non res mod and noticed a significant difference. But not noticed any power loss with the non res mod.

There's more people reporting of this also. The majority being DSG owners
Posted Image

Wizards sleeve

Wizards sleeve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
"placebo effect" imo

SL4VE

SL4VE

• Members
  • 714 posts

"placebo effect" imo

No I disagree. I think it's to do with the back pressure. Once it builds up as the revs get higher it works fine. That's the reason for the flap to be installed in the 1st place. And also to reduce drone at low revs.

Only way you can counter this is to get it remapped and even with a aftermarket exhaust you won't see any power gains till you map it into the equation.
Posted Image

Wizards sleeve

Wizards sleeve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

No I disagree. I think it's to do with the back pressure. Once it builds up as the revs get higher it works fine. That's the reason for the flap to be installed in the 1st place. And also to reduce drone at low revs.

Only way you can counter this is to get it remapped and even with a aftermarket exhaust you won't see any power gains till you map it into the equation.

Would be nice to see what EXACLY the flapper is for ,,, sound or performance

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19242 posts
Just my opinion, the exhaust flap is for noise. Although, a few people say it impacts performance I think it's too far down the exhaust for it to really have an effect on back pressure.

Not worth arguing about, do what makes you happy:-)
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

__arthouse

__arthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK / Byron Bay Australia
Nice one mate, love it on the BBS' ..

I just realised, weren't you on the Corrado forum with a black G60 on 16 BBS RS? FurkiG60? I had a similar car, black G60 on 16" BBS RS 003's, later on 17" 301's, i took it to Australia with me, i think we were both in the Corrado forum calendar! Funny we've both ended up here with black MKV R32 DSG's :) Good upgrade! Weren't you friends with Darren too? Is he still around?

SL4VE

SL4VE

• Members
  • 714 posts
I do remember you going to Australia and seeing a post about slavaging parts all them years ago. Still keep in touch with Darren now and than. Not so much after Gwerks closed. It's weird but if you think about it it's a great natural progression car. I always missed the rado tbh. Until I bought a R32. Now I'm feeling content.

Got my mats in finally after all the fixture issues

Attached Files

• inactive likes this
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, mk5, mkv, golf, r32, dsg, 4wd, bbs, lowered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.