Slashformayor's OEM+ MK5 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Slashformayor's OEM+ MK5

oem+ mk5

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

R32_RYAN

R32_RYAN

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationKent
I love your .:R slash I want to see it in flesh tho you going any shows this year?

DaleM

DaleM

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationReading
Beautiful car mate, looks fantastic

Johnny d

Johnny d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationdudley/Birmingham
Wicked looking car pal. I see your from Dudley me too , not spotted you , but then again don't see many r32s in Dudley, got a 5 door black DSg myself.

RobP

RobP

Dirty Member

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Locationessex
love the interior bits, vinyl wrapped mine but i keep hearing about hydro dipping.

these speakers you mention, i badly need to sort them on mine, any pointers what to go for?

lovely car, looks sorted.
Listen to what people say, but watch what people do!

81llyh

81llyh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Love it!! How'd you manage to keep the symbols?

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands
Thank you all for the positive comments.

I love your .:R slash I want to see it in flesh tho you going any shows this year?

I was planning on doing a couple of shows last year but life got in the way, this year may very well be the same, but i won't be going anywhere until i get the front bumper and wing repaired from last year when someone scuffed them on a car park. It's not bad, but still.

Wicked looking car pal. I see your from Dudley me too , not spotted you , but then again don't see many r32s in Dudley, got a 5 door black DSg myself.������

A fellow dudlonian lol. I'm actually living closer to Wolverhampton now as i moved late last year. I don't see many R's at all round here, but the missus spotted one and waved while she was using it a few weeks ago. Could have been you as she works in Dudley.

love the interior bits, vinyl wrapped mine but i keep hearing about hydro dipping.

these speakers you mention, i badly need to sort them on mine, any pointers what to go for?

lovely car, looks sorted.

The gladens are expensive but a great addition to the sound system. I love my music, but didn't want amps and subs etc cluttering the car, so these made perfect sense. The are basically plug and play, although do require a bit of fettling to the speaker housing. I ordered from here. Hope that helps.

Love it!! How'd you manage to keep the symbols?

Dry transfers buddy. Took a while to researc the best way of doing t, but i decided on this and got someone who was recommended who does dry transfers for model railways etc. I had to buy an A6 sheet full, and only used 3 sets, but at least i get plenty more just in case.

‘08 Black MK5 DSG (Now for Sale!)

RNS510 with ViM - USB MDI - Cruise Control - MK6 R Leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel - Scirocco R Full Height display clocks + needle sweep on start-up - Integrated Bluetooth via Wheel or Nav Unit - MK6 Climatronic - Heated/Remote Folding/Reverse Dip Mirrors with LED Puddle Lights - Autodimming Mirror - Brushed Aluminium Mirror Covers - Edition 30 18” Alloys - Matching Front Tints - Pipewerx Exhaust Tips - Interior Button Illumination Changed to White/Blue - Rear Footwell Illumination (My Build Thread)

81llyh

81llyh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I can send you my interior so you can do it for me ;) lol

james r32

james r32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
Lovely mods I like the dash I was thinking of having mine done and I like how you have put the symbols back on, also I have pm'd you as you haven't been getting notifications .

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
Excellent car looks stunning

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

Another quick piccy. Not been well this last couple of days, and still not well now, but i managed to try these out last night. I've had them for nearly 12 months now, been waiting for one thing or another, but decided i would bite the bullet.
I wasn't sure at first, as i like to keep everything OEM looking, but i don't think they are that bad now. Anyway, your thoughts are welcomed.

ryyTIim.jpg

Edited by Slashformayor, 05 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

• raiden likes this

RNS510 with ViM - USB MDI - Cruise Control - MK6 R Leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel - Scirocco R Full Height display clocks + needle sweep on start-up - Integrated Bluetooth via Wheel or Nav Unit - MK6 Climatronic - Heated/Remote Folding/Reverse Dip Mirrors with LED Puddle Lights - Autodimming Mirror - Brushed Aluminium Mirror Covers - Edition 30 18” Alloys - Matching Front Tints - Pipewerx Exhaust Tips - Interior Button Illumination Changed to White/Blue - Rear Footwell Illumination (My Build Thread)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
I like them 55,974,900 times better than the front Fog things

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

I like them 55,974,900 times better than the front DRL's

Fixed lol. Thanks though haha

Mikeyscott

Mikeyscott

• Guests
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBetween Fareham & Southampton
V nice. Who installed mk6 dash? Would love dials update
BMW 2011 135i - Hello
VW 2009 R32 - Gone

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

V nice. Who installed mk6 dash? Would love dials update

Was done before i got the car. A difficult mod to do as well apparently, and one of the reasons i fell in love with the car.

Ordered 4 Goodyear Eagle F1's yesertday, got them at a steal and seeing as the Michelins up front are a little low now i couldn't say no. Also, ordered some paint for the calipers and will hopefully be getting my wheels refurbed very soon so i can do all this in one sitting.

discostu49

discostu49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Locationperth scotland
I love every mod on this car great taste I love the interior

I had the switches and dials done in blue and white on my vxr by a guy who done as group buys think he was £150 and ut was called the smd conversion maybe you should look to start offering a service ?? What stuff did you use to get the gloss black trims ?
Lava Grey Audi A3 3.2 V6 ( same engine and platform as the r32 mk5 ) Quattro, Sportback, Full Leather, S LINE, Factory tints, DSG, SAT NAV, BOSE Sounds, Upgraded rs4 18's, now with magnaflow race exhaust, Now with rs3 diffuser and eibach pro kit springs

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

I love every mod on this car great taste I love the interior

I had the switches and dials done in blue and white on my vxr by a guy who done as group buys think he was £150 and ut was called the smd conversion maybe you should look to start offering a service ?? What stuff did you use to get the gloss black trims ?

Actually a couple of people did ask me about doing the conversion to their cars, the trouble is if anything breaks either during the conversion or during fitting/removal etc i would feel awful. I know the chances of that happening are pretty low, but there are loads of variables to factor in when taking on something like that, ie. age of the car, type of head unit, DSG or not etc etc. So it's pretty hard to price up.

I used wicked coatings for the trims, they were hydrodipped in high gloss black then polished to a high shine.

I'm a bit weary of recomending Wicked Coatings though, as it took 12 days from sending them to receiving them, only to find that thy had been packed too early and the paint had taken on the texture of the polystyrene packing they used. When i told them about it they said send them back and we will redo them for you. I told them i had plished one and it came up ok, but i sent them back, and they re dipped them anyway. I asked for them to be done a.s.a.p and they still took another 12 days, and then it took another 7 days to get the postage return postage refunded. Their finished product is ok, not my perfect, but ok.

DGS

DGS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Some of the interior touches are just perfect.

Keep up the good work.

Michael.A.C

Michael.A.C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Love all the touches you've done to the interior.

Trunkstuff

Trunkstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Love the OEM Look man :)

Swerve74

Swerve74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Lovely car mate I'm from wolverhampton still looking to see another r32 on the road 👍

dpmurphy1991

dpmurphy1991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNottingham
how did you do the rear footwell lighting? would love to know, really want to do the interior lights like you have in my mk4

R32kev

R32kev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Car looks stunning slash!

Do you know where I can purchase that small r32 light near your gear stick please!

Nice little touch!! The small things always make a difference.

Thank you

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19354 posts

Car looks stunning slash!

Do you know where I can purchase that small r32 light near your gear stick please!

Nice little touch!! The small things always make a difference.

Thank you

http://shop.carstyle4you.com/
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

matsu

matsu

• Members
  • 830 posts
I can only echo what has been said. Some stunning touches on the interior. I am so getting the blue interior.
I would love to do the gloss finish on some pieces but a mk4 doesn't seem to lend itself imo

Lovely car!!

Matsu

Grant

Grant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGlasgow
Nice! What size are the tips?

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

Time for a small update.

Not had chance to much to the car since my previous post, mainly due to health and work/family etc. Had th ecar serviced at Stourbridge VW though along with some very minor bodywork. Had a scuff in the wing i had painted last year fom some kind person on a carpark, and had the front splitter painted due to some road rash causing some flaky paint. Top notch service though, and very helpful. Had 4 new Goodyear tyres put on, although i was saving them to be put on when i had the wheels refurbed one of my fronts was down to the chords practically :wacko: so they had to go on a.s.a.p.

Finally got round to getting my rear lights 'skylined'. The reason i have waited so long is to get the SMD LED conversion right. The LED's now match the outer lights even when they are off. A couple of pictures...

This is my 'tester', from an old unit i had lying about, hence the marks all over it.
ZdHcRH9.jpg

Side lights daytime (HDR)...
x305TPV.jpg

Indicators daytime (HDR)...
y5ZrHFS.jpg

Sidelights Night (HDR)...
vtQkMj0.jpg

Video (side lights / hazards) can be viewed here...

My apologies for the poor pictures and the dirty car lol.

As you can appreciate it's pretty difficult to capture lights properly, especially on an iphone and while your daughter is on my case haha. The HDR photo's came out alittle clearer and show the colour of the lights better, but they don't appear as bright as they do in the flesh. I am looking to get some better photo's very soon...

The mod now makes the inners mirror the side lights, indicators and brake lights from the outer light. So i have quad indicators too now.

I have a few other mods lined up if i ever get time, and i need to book the car in with stourbrige for rear bump stops and get the wheels refurbed, even though they do not really need it, and calipers repainted.

Edited by Slashformayor, 05 July 2017 - 11:34 AM.

• R32_RYAN likes this

scuba-phil

scuba-phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Locationchester

looking great buddy

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

looking great buddy

Thanks man. Hopefully going to get some better pics up soon, it's booked in with Midland VW to get the rear bump stops replaced tomorrow.

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts

Got my rear top mounts and bump stops replaced at Midland VW. It went in originally on the 7th, but they found that the shock bolt on the drivers side was being stubborn and could possibly pull the thread out if removed. As the fella with the helicoil set was not around at the weekend i was told to re-book for sometime in the week. It went in yesterday for the remainder of the work. They changed the dust cover clips and the stubborn bolt, which came out ok in the end, but better to be safe than stranded 15 miles from home.

Excellent service, and the guys were very friendly/helpful.

Looking at getting my front suspension items changed there in the near future (preventative maintenance).

Took this when the car was parked up...

rvCTVVw.jpg

Edited by Slashformayor, 05 July 2017 - 11:39 AM.

DannyZR

DannyZR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationLeeds

loving the hydro dipping and the LED rear lights mate 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oem+, mk5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.