R32 MK5 2009 50k miles price?? - Vehicles for Sale - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

R32 MK5 2009 50k miles price??

Vehicle r32 red recaro bucket fsh

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
What would be a fair price to pay for a 2009 R32, with buckets, DSG, Sat Nav, 50k miles, FSH, 1 year MOT, 3 months warranty, 5 doors, reverse sensors, and a miltek.

R32_RYAN

R32_RYAN

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationKent
12-13k?

Best bet is to go on the likes of auto trader or pistonheads and see what similar spec Rs are going for and base it around that mate

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
There is nothing similar really.

I am looking about 15-16k for this, it's had 3 or 4 previous owners, just had the DSG and haldex oil change and has FSH.

does that sound ok?. Or should I be wary?

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
I think £15k is about right tbh.. if it is from a dealership. Send the link?

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yeah but it's had 4 previous owners and 49k miles, alarm bells slightly ringing now :(

http://www.pistonhea...ion-5dr/4235390

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Yeah but it's had 4 previous owners and 49k miles, alarm bells slightly ringing now :(

http://www.pistonhea...ion-5dr/4235390

I wouldn't worry about the amount of owners tbh.. If it has FSH and has clearly been looked after I would go and see it. If all is well and everything adds up.. make an offer. 4 owners for a 6 year old car isn't that bad.. People probably buy them, then realise the running costs can be quite high (fuel, tax, servicing and warranty work). Also, if each owner has done limited miles in it, they probably managed to either sell it privately or trade it in for a decent price with minimal loss to them. My old RS Clio 172 had 6 owners (each kept it for a year), low miles and it was a peach! My Scirocco R I was the second owner (VW was the first), I sold it after 3 months so 6 months on it would have been on its 3rd owner!

Redemption

Redemption

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1310 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast
15-16K is getting close to MK6 Golf R pricing. Really can't see why you'd want to pay that for an R32 when there are decent ones available for 11/12/13K.

Some Dealers also appear to have 'stock' of R32's so can artificially inflate their prices. Corner the market, as it were.

"Cue the music..."

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
Oh.. and the car looks good! It doesn't have Bucket seats though (Recaros). I would offer £13,750 and if you can get it for £14k its a good buy :) Just make sure the DSG and Haldex were done at 40k miles and it has matching decent rubber on all four corners.

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thanks guys for all the info.

Correct, the red one has no buckets, but he said he'd take the buckets out the grey one on their site, and fit them into the red one, said he'd want about £15.5k, so was going to say 15k and we have a deal.

I will also get the full RAC inspection done before purchase.

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Thanks guys for all the info.

Correct, the red one has no buckets, but he said he'd take the buckets out the grey one on their site, and fit them into the red one, said he'd want about £15.5k, so was going to say 15k and we have a deal.

I will also get the full RAC inspection done before purchase.

I personally think that £15.5k is steep.. then again.. it is your money so if you're happy then go ahead :) £14k would be my max with Recaros imo.

Swerve74

Swerve74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Just for reference mate I've just bought a dsg 58 plate with 58000 miles,with one owner, full Vw service history with the wing back recaro seats, basic stereo and a few stone chips here and there,from a Vw dealership for £11,250 and they refurbed the alloys did a haldex oil change, new rear light unit as water was inside and new set of mats,also 12 months mot.

TOMR325

TOMR325

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
If you buy from a dealer, they will always add a % on for the premium. At least try and get some warranty/servicing out of it too.

Lovely car though and the nicest colour (Y) good luck
Help me to help myself!

R32_RYAN

R32_RYAN

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationKent
Has to have Recaros for that price! Believe it's the most expensive optional extra you can have on the mk5! Top money will have to get you the top spec no questions!

Red is a rarer more desirable colour too so with that will add the value up also but a lot of the time when you see a red one for sale they want silly money for it and it has nothing in it! Although that one is pretty good and not far from me either!!
  • bb69 likes this

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts
Although leather Recaros were a £2,650 option, the standard leather trim was a £1,700 option, so in fact the Recaros were actually only an additional £950, which was the option cost of the rare cloth Recaros.

Worth bearing in mind when people brandish figures about.
  • bb69 likes this
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yeah, the spec will include recaros, 5 doors (actually prefer 5 doors), dsg, reverse sensors, DSG, sat nav, mot, warranty, delivered to my door on transporter, I will get an RAC inspection done, 49k miles, rear privacy glass, full miltek system, prob looking at £16.5k

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts
The other thing to bear in mind was that the 2009 cars were very heavily discounted when new as VW couldn't shift them.

It's your money but I would say £16.5k is way overpriced, in my opinion
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Jet9

Jet9

• Members
  • 1436 posts
Very strong money. IMO
2008 Mk V DSG, DBP

AndyDub32

AndyDub32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Wouldn't pay more than £12k. The age is the only thing that justifies the price (£12k). If it was a couple of years older then less than £10k.

Oliver73

Oliver73

• Members
  • 2803 posts
  • LocationKent
These high prices people are mentioning are familiar of when I bought mine nearly 5 years ago!
Gradually made a low-spec into a Highline!

Recaros: Retro-Fitted
Cruise Control: Retro-Fitted
Highline Clocks: Retro-Fitted
RNS510: Retro-Fitted
MFSW: Retro-Fitted Ed30!

Performance Bits: Non-res Milltek, Forge CAI (with blue hoses!!!) Mtec Brakes, H&R Lowering Springs
Shiny Bits: Geniune 19" VMR 710s, US-spec grille, Gloss black rear valence

Feel free to ask me for info!

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts
For comparison;

https://www.r32oc.com...93#entry1939393

SlammedR32

SlammedR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Unless they have suddenly started appreciating beyond belief, very strong money.

I'd be looking at 12k MAX.

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

For comparison;

https://www.r32oc.com...93#entry1939393

Thank you for showing me this Cuprabob, I got it :-) So happy!!
  • TOMR325 likes this

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
Just a heads up... I would be cautious using this dealer.. hpi check the car yourself and go over everything with a fine comb. Just saw negative comments about them when browsing on another forum I'm on.

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
Just a heads up... I would be cautious using this dealer.. hpi check the car yourself and go over everything with a fine comb. Just saw negative comments about them when browsing on another forum I'm on.

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Thanks for that Andy, I got another one :-)

jc84

jc84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

You got a bargain ☺
  • bb69 likes this

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts

No problem and you saved a few bob too, compared to what you were going to spend☺
  • bb69 likes this

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
That looks beaut mate! Congrats! It's the exact same spec as mine but a year younger :) enjoy her!
  • bb69 likes this

simonet

simonet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNorth West
That's a steal!
Posted Image
R32 | EARLYBAY | TOURAN... well its still a VW

Trunkstuff

Trunkstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
That grey one was a bargain mate. Dealers are trying to charge a fortune for some r32s now its ridiculous. Saw a similar blue one with all extras they wanted 15k.. madness.

Ended up getting an 06, 70k miles all extras for around 11k. Still abit pricey for a 8 year old car but oh well!
  • bb69 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle, r32, red, recaro, bucket, fsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.