When to service Haldxex? - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

When to service Haldxex?

Haldex service mk4

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dpmurphy1991

dpmurphy1991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNottingham
Afternoon everyone,

Will be picking up my r32 in a few weeks after a log wait for the new log book to finally arrive. when i first saw the car i was under the impression that Haldex should be done every 40k but have since read conflicting things saying 20k?

Any one able to clarify for me please?

Also i'm likely to get a service done on the car as soon as i get it just for peace of mind (which will probably include the haldex as it was last done around 30k miles ago.

apart from the usual filter changes and pad checks etc etc, are there any other things i should look to get done whilst it's in?

any if possible, does anyone know a rough price for the haldex service / any additional things you guys think of?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

bigmike2474

bigmike2474

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationKent
Mk4 is oil every 20k and filter every 40k. For the sake of the cost of a filter I do both every 20k. I believe the Haldex on a mk5 is 40k for both. Last time I had it changed it cost me £80 mate.

Dolph999

Dolph999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationNewbury Berkshire
I get mine done every service, as like you say, it's only really oil and filter.

Redemption

Redemption

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1310 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast
Would be worth getting the Rear Diff oil changed at the same time as the Haldex. Just make sure they put the correct oil in each one and don't mix them up.

"Cue the music..."

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Mk4 is oil every 20k and filter every 40k. For the sake of the cost of a filter I do both every 20k. I believe the Haldex on a mk5 is 40k for both. Last time I had it changed it cost me £80 mate.

wrong mk4 is oil and filter every 20k / mk 5 is same but every 40k
  • MATTYR32 likes this

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

wrong mk4 is oil and filter every 20k / mk 5 is same but every 40k

Seconded, thats what ive always done with mine, or with every service whichever came first.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haldex, service, mk4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.