Alternatives to OEM DMF? - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Alternatives to OEM DMF?

DMF Sachs DSG R32 MKV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Pink Beafvher

Pink Beafvher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Guys,

Need some help from you pros again!

The car is a '07 MkV R32 DSG

Took out the engine and separated my DSG gearbox from it yesterday because i'm going to change the chains(rattling) and on the same time put in my schrick camshafts(wrooom)...

My friend that helps me noticed that the DMF had play up/down and right/left and not just clock/counterclockwise.
We think it might have to be changed, and that it might have had a role in the rattling noise i've had,

So here's what i know and what i do wanna know!

My car is a Late 07, in Jan 08 VW started to put in a new version of the DMF in the gearbox.
You guys say that those who had noise problems with DMF noise got them back just weeks after installing a new one?

If im going to change it, what alternative brands is there to choose from? Sachs?

Thought about the SO expensive renewed OEM DMF?

SMF isn't an option!

Best Regards

Viktor

Wrexad02

Wrexad02

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • LocationBristol
LUK are the only people to make the DSG DMF so thats the only one you can buy.. Had 5 so far fun times

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5490 posts
5 flywheels?

Why / how?

Wrexad02

Wrexad02

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • LocationBristol
Probably all made by cheap labour and are cheap to buy so VW wont change supplier they chatter like shit after 20 miles

Redemption

Redemption

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1310 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast
DSG DMF's are made of chocolate. Anyway, latest revision has this P/N 022105266AK.

"Cue the music..."

Pink Beafvher

Pink Beafvher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So could i buy a LUK that's presumably identical to OEM but cheaper?

Wrexad02

Wrexad02

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • LocationBristol
You could but imo for how much me and Redemption have had them out under VW warranty i think its worth every penny to get the OEM one and use their 2 year parts* labour warranty

Redemption

Redemption

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1310 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast

So could i buy a LUK that's presumably identical to OEM but cheaper?

The OEM flywheel is made by LUK. As long as you get the correct P/N you'll be fine. Some places are cheaper than others. I got my last one from Skoda.

"Cue the music..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMF, Sachs, DSG, R32, MKV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.