MkIV R32 Deep Blue (Glenn_vw) - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

MkIV R32 Deep Blue (Glenn_vw)

DBP mkIV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Hello,

Thought to show my car now I started to work on it after 2 years of owning it
It was always one off my dreamcars since I saw this specific car for the first time
so all I got to do was getting the owner crazy enough to sell it to me :P

It has barely 17.000 Miles on it so I don't wan't to mess around with it to much.

here some pics off how I got it

Posted Image

Posted Image

One thing I did pretty soon was installing an cupra spoiler, It's something that is done much but it just fits the car for me, but thats something personally
Posted Image

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
so after more then 2 years I finally had something done to it

starting with getting the bumpers resprayed
the rear one was already resprayed once but the colour was really off and the front one had some minor scratches but mainly I wanted that ugly plateholder to be removed.

so I removed the bumpers. the wheels are only on it cause I use the arristo's on my daily for the winter and i gonna get them redone after
Posted Image

here back on with some us spec lights cause they look so much better :D
Posted Image

and here the front, also much better when it's clean
Posted Image

and now it's back in a hangar where my other cars are too, last photo before putting it in

Posted Image

next thing will be lowering it but I just don't know how I have some lobster laying around the italian 18" ones 8j all round
but they have 215/35R18 tyres and with coilovers it's gonne be really low to drive on those if i see some pics off other r32's

I thought off getting airride but you need to cut something off on the rear and I would never do that on this car. Drilling a hole I would do but no cutting in the chassis NEVER.

so thats a little dillema i'm in at the moment. how to lower it

btw here a pic on the lobsters (photoshop lowering :D) you can see the difference of the rear bumper colour to the car here too
Posted Image

Edited by Glenn_vw, 17 October 2015 - 01:12 PM.

• BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE likes this

BradfordAndy

BradfordAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Wow, such a low miler, well depends on how low you want to go, coilovers would be my suggestion, gives you a bit of freedom to set it as low as you want, 18" lobster reps prefer them over the original 19s hate driving on 19s. Looks great.

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Finally after waiting for a long time I bought some coilovers and installed them today, But I'm a bit dissapointed at the rear. at first it was even higher then original, so I removed the adjusters and now its a bit lower but max 10mm lower then original.

The springs are lower then the original ones but probably because they stiffer they won't compres as much as them original ones

So for now I matched the front with the rear. so it doesn't look silly with the front down
Posted Image

Hopefully I can find some shorter springs for the rear so I can get it some lower

matsu

matsu

• Members
  • 830 posts
I do like the lobsters on the R, not sure if the colour is for me personally but it does work with the blue!
I,m liking the smoothed bumper more and more. Concerned over the number plate placement thing though.

I like the way you drop into the conversation the hangar...... Where your other cars are!!
Other!!!
Too cool.

Matsu

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13954 posts
  • LocationUK

Finally after waiting for a long time I bought some coilovers and installed them today, But I'm a bit dissapointed at the rear. at first it was even higher then original, so I removed the adjusters and now its a bit lower but max 10mm lower then original.

The springs are lower then the original ones but probably because they stiffer they won't compres as much as them original ones

So for now I matched the front with the rear. so it doesn't look silly with the front down
Posted Image

Hopefully I can find some shorter springs for the rear so I can get it some lower

what coil overs are they , ? I have some spare lower rear springs , as I bought FK ones as I wanted mine even lower , will try and find you an old picture with the original springs on

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
I really like the smoothed bumper it changed the whole car just like the us spec lights at the rear, so much better :D
yeah wheels is always a matter of taste, I like them in silver too but wanted them more too come out if I say that good. The colour looks better in real life tough on photo they do look different. They are taken with my iphone too so.

The numberplate is already removed from there I've mounted it different now. it was just to get it to the garage, now I used some suckers (sorry if the word is wrong i used google translate)

I have ST coils (same company as kw) be aware that this tyres are 215/35r18 and not 225/40r18

here it is with 225/40r18 and then it has less wheelgap but I want to keep the 215/35 because I don't want the tyres to rub the fenders and it looks better to :)

Posted Image

here one more off the front
Posted Image

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Yes I have some more cars :)

Actually I just moved them all to another place now. the R32 is the last one to get moved.

This is my MK2 GTD that I fully restored

Posted Image

Then I have this.
A MK2 Golf Country

Posted Image

For the moment I'm restoring a '85 Scirocco and I have a MK1 Golf Rabbit that I started restoring but Its to rusted so I'm going too look out for another shell. but thats for later on :)

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Some nice cars there especially the GTD.

R32 looks nice, although I'm not a fan on the stickers on the side skirts.

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Some nice cars there especially the GTD.

R32 looks nice, although I'm not a fan on the stickers on the side skirts.

Thx,

The stickers where on when I bought it, I haven't decided what to do with them yet, just like the tint on the back.
I removed the tint from the rear side windows cause I really didn't like it but the back I'm not sure to leave it or not
I'm a bit afraid to remove that one too because of the heater lines(don't know english name sorry) in the windows.

matsu

matsu

• Members
  • 830 posts
Love love that mk2. Stunning!
Matsu

Glenn_vw

Glenn_vw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Small update here. After playing the waiting game for a long time, I finally got it like I wanted it.
Ordered some FK springs to get the rear lower. and put the Lobsterclaws on for good now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really happy now with the rear. I even need to raise it a bit because I don't like that it's lower then the front. I could lower the front too, but I don't want to rip my fenders. The car is to much worth for that :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DBP, mkIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.