MDF menu items disappear - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

MDF menu items disappear

MFD handsfree mobridge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ivorandrews

ivorandrews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a weird problem with my 55 DSG Mk5

My car has the full mfd and mfsw.

Around 3 years ago I upgraded the factory fitted 6 cd headunit and phone cradle to an RNS 510 and a Mobridge bluetooth module. This has worked fine until just recently.

I now have an itermittent problem with the MFD that seems to affect the Handsfree functionality:
  • Sometimes I start the car and all MFD items show and everything works as it should. My phone works fine and I can cycle all menus.
  • Sometimes I start up, and the Phone menu on the MFD is missing. The phone still connects and shows up on the rns510. I can make and receive calls and the audio plays, but when the phone menu is not showing on the MFD then I have no microphone function and the person I'm calling cannot hear me.
  • On other occasions, but less regularly, I find that I cannot cycle any menus on the MFD.

Usually this is all solved by turning off, key out, lock-unlock and restart. Alternatively if i unplug the Mobridge handsfree module and cycle the ignition, it then shows up on the MFD. Bit annoying though when you pull away and realise the menu is missing and have to pull over and restart.

Before I take my car to Cartronics (The distributor for mobridge) and pay for diagnostics, I thought I'd ask on here if anybody has had the same / has any ideas.

I'm not sure if it's likely to be an issue with software of hardware, regarding either the Mobridge module or the CAN gateway.

One final thing, my alarm siren has failed and needs replacing. Unlikely to be linked but sometimes it seems VW's can have odd side effects from faults that would normally seem unrelated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MFD, handsfree, mobridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.