Is it me or... - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Is it me or...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
Are MK4 prices climbing again?.. Looked on eBay and there's some at 80,000 going for £9,000 and some at 65,000 going for just shy of £10,000.. DBP seems most expensive too.
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7276 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon
What cars are advertised at and what they actually sale for is two totally different things. Mk4/5 R32 prices are never going to rise .
  • Rawr_32 likes this

820 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19293 posts
It's just you (...and Mark):-)
  • Lucifer and MIQ like this
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

What cars are advertised at and what they actually sale for is two totally different things. Mk4/5 R32 prices are never going to rise .

I don't agree I know of someone who got a 2 owner one with 39k in 2010 for £3800 and many were a similar price

You show me one that cheap now

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

AshR32

AshR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Have definitely risen over last year or so, the high milers haven't at all, but as its getting harder and harder to get a good mileage, they are creeping up in price, especially from the dealers

Car History:
MK4 Golf 1.4
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf PD130
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf Anniversary TDI

MK4 Golf TDI 90

MK4 Golf GTTDI 130

MK4 Golf R32

My R32 "Build Thread"

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7276 posts

I don't agree I know of someone who got a 2 owner one with 39k in 2010 for £3800 and many were a similar price

You show me one that cheap now

That wasn`t an average price and was stupid dirt cheap even for back in 2010.
I know a man who has smoked 40 cigarettes every day since he was 14 yrs old. That doesn`t mean smoking cigarettes isn`t bad for you and don`t kill hundreds of thousands of people every year , same way as what your saying is a retarded.

MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7276 posts

Have definitely risen over last year or so, the high milers haven't at all, but as its getting harder and harder to get a good mileage, they are creeping up in price, especially from the dealers

What they ask and what they sell for is totally different. Mk4-5 R32 where never a popular car or a good seller. Price of fuel plus high insurance and road tax compared to much faster more modern cars which have much better mpg, performance and handling then then the old Mk4-5. £500 road tax for a mk5 to start with is silly money and would put me straight off.
  • Gti Fly likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

That wasn`t an average price and was stupid dirt cheap even for back in 2010. I know a man who has smoked 40 cigarettes every day since he was 14 yrs old. That doesn`t mean smoking cigarettes isn`t bad for you and don`t kill hundreds of thousands of people every year , same way as what your saying is a retarded.

bit different , as smoking in its nature is retarted same as baldness and neckrophilia

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
I definitely think the prices are fluctuating, and I know what you're saying lucifer but on the flip side the market dictates the price. If everyone dropped prices to 7000 they'd be selling for 7000 but with people upping prices it means, by definition, the prices are going up. It's a trend. A few people do it and others follow suit and in no time at all the average price has risen.
  • Rob7656 likes this
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Mk4 market is getting silly.. I never thought I'd see the prices rise but they are. It's a fact.

I bought mine in 2014 and could sell for a lot more than I paid for it.

Edited by lee_shep, 04 March 2016 - 04:45 PM.

• Brend4nn likes this

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationHull

never say never.

supply and demand, demand been for low millage well looked after cars and that supply become diminished.

a 1980 cortina at 10 yrs old would have been would have been alot cheaper than they are now:

http://www.pistonhea...new/2431293?v=b

same will happen with the mk4's as they werent built in big numbers. topped off with the last of the 1980's VR6 engine and you have something that will be as iconic as the rover V8

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

never say never. supply and demand, demand been for low millage well looked after cars and that supply become diminished. a 1980 cortina at 10 yrs old would have been would have been alot cheaper than they are now: http://www.pistonhea...new/2431293?v=b same will happen with the mk4's as they werent built in big numbers. topped off with the last of the 1980's VR6 engine and you have something that will be as iconic as the rover V8

lol my dad had one of them was about 900 quid new

SunnySingh

SunnySingh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationLondon
These kind of threads are getting boring now, this topic has been covered god knows how many times and everyone has their own opinion.

The car is only worth what someone is willing to pay, some people get desperate and end up selling too cheap and others simply cant afford to run them or dont realize what they actually have. I bought my mk4 three years ago cheap and ended up selling it on a profit, so it all depends on many factors. Reality is some of these cars are either over priced or not a desirable spec, having a 10 owner car with no history etc doesnt appeal to anyone.

The prices of these cars will never rise significantly, maybe in 10 years time when there is an actual demand. But right now theres faster, better handling modern cars out there.
  • Gti Fly likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

These kind of threads are getting boring now, this topic has been covered god knows how many times and everyone has their own opinion. The car is only worth what someone is willing to pay, some people get desperate and end up selling too cheap and others simply cant afford to run them or dont realize what they actually have. I bought my mk4 three years ago cheap and ended up selling it on a profit, so it all depends on many factors. Reality is some of these cars are either over priced or not a desirable spec, having a 10 owner car with no history etc doesnt appeal to anyone. The prices of these cars will never rise significantly, maybe in 10 years time when there is an actual demand. But right now theres faster, better handling modern cars out there.

this has been said 10,000 times as well let's agree to fcuk these threads off

dazr32

dazr32

Senior Citizen

• Members
  • 2624 posts
I think deep blue pearl mk 4 3 doors are the best colour =@ =@ =@ =@
Posted Image

dazr32

dazr32

Senior Citizen

• Members
  • 2624 posts
and fastest
Posted Image

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts

this has been said 10,000 times as well let's agree to fcuk these threads off

Not been here that long, so it's brand new and exciting to me. :rofl:
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts
What oil do I need?
  • cuprabob and dazr32 like this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
What induction kit

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
How much is my car worth?
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19293 posts
You cynical lot...
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5440 posts
a for sale thread where everyone says glws stunning example.

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
Generic description of fault which is probably the locking module in the door.
  • MIQ likes this

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts
Ah,the one to top them all off,
What MPG will I get?
  • cuprabob and MIQ like this

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Ah,the one to top them all off,
What MPG will I get?

That's a personal favourite of mine. At no point when purchasing my 3.2 vr6 did I consider what my mpg was going to be.

Just somewhere between poor and sh*te.
  • DougalR and Stonejag like this

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
How much is your insurance

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Had my car for 3 seconds and now selling ...

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
Wait for it...

Will my wheels fit?!

db/ocd

db/ocd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire
Perhaps we could have a " how much I sold my R for " thread
Would any one who uses the forum who has sold recently let us all know what you got
But anyway what tyres should I put on my Mk 5 :D
  • MIQ likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
What tyres are best for my R32

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.