2010 (60 plate) Mark 6 Golf R - Page 2 - Golf R Corner - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo

2010 (60 plate) Mark 6 Golf R

golf mk6 mark6 golfr

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Rawr_32

Rawr_32

Sausage Fingers

• Members
  • 3700 posts
If you do still get it I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Try and see if you can test drive another example to see how it compares

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

If you do still get it I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Try and see if you can test drive another example to see how it compares

I have really gone off it now mate, it has had so many mods, I can't imagine it ever being able to go back to normal, I mean there's 203 pages of chat on the exact car, so it's really not sitting well with me, it will have been very hardly driven I am sure. It looked lovely and looked mint and clean, but the abuse will be under the hood, stuff you can't really see by looking at it. :-(

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationHull
shows what research can do!

how much deposit did you put on? either come clean and tell them you know its been well mod'd or make up a cock and bull story, grannys ill or something.

or be aggressive and say you want it back or youll bombard every forum, social media that theyve got a lemon on their hands.

Rawr_32

Rawr_32

Sausage Fingers

• Members
  • 3700 posts
I see where you are coming from buddy. If they start being funny about deposit there are lots of videos of it on YouTube being raced. Just search hurdy golf r

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I just messaged them, I was honest and said I'm a member of some forums and it was just brought to my attention and said not your fault as you may have received it after it was restored but that it's not sitting with me and what are the optoons.

We agreed 13k for my r32 plus 6750 cash and he will deliver it.

He seemed decent when we spoke earlier, so maybe he'll understand.

Now more than ever I'm really wanting a pristine grey R with all the extras. 2012 with low mileage ideally.
  • Rawr_32 likes this

reaper

reaper

Deadly Member

• Members
  • 500 posts
The mk 6 engines are quite strong and the internals can handle a lot more power than you think, but I have to agree with you, I would not want this car

• bb69 likes this

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

how much deposit did you put on?

I put down 1750

Pingu69

Pingu69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hurdy does Drive his modified Cars hard but does not skimp on cost when it comes to looking after them so the Car will have had above the recommended servicing & oil changes a lot of the parts will have done less than the 40K the cars done as it was returned to stock using the original parts he took of before modifying Don't think it has any accident panel damage although the Car has had a hard life I don't think it should put you off buying (although as I said earlier it is overpriced) I purchased his old Edition 30 some years ago which had similar treatment but had no problems with it
  • bb69 likes this

650BHP Gen 1 Audi RS3 and MK7 F/L Golf R

Pingu69

Pingu69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
If they didn't disclose it's History to you I'm sure you would have a good case to a complete refund if that's the route you decide.

650BHP Gen 1 Audi RS3 and MK7 F/L Golf R

bb69

bb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
He has said he understands my concerns and is issuing a refund :-), now I will try sell my R32 privately and then buy a well looked after R.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Rawr_32

Rawr_32

Sausage Fingers

• Members
  • 3700 posts
All good then, I wonder if he knew the history of it to happily refund your deposit?

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19322 posts
On a positive note it'll be run in and loosened up:-)

Glad the trader is being reasonable

Edited by cuprabob, 23 March 2016 - 09:53 AM.

• reaper and bb69 like this
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

CheshireJimmy

CheshireJimmy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 447 posts
  • LocationCheshire
I've got a Rising Blue 5dr DSG for sale in the cars for sale part. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.
"honestly officer, its a standard R32"

Handsco

Handsco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

I believe the Haldex and Dsg intervals are still the same as the R32, and Cam belt and water pump every 5 years but mine I will do every 3 years.
I have been told that some of the earlier mk6 r suffered from Haldex pcv issues, but this is probably just forum talk!! Not fact.
However 20k for a 10 plate is strong unless it's fully loaded , I picked up my 62 plate from main dealer with 2 years warranty for less.

Without reading to the end of the thread, I can confirm that EVERY valve, ring, seal, plug, in the mk6 r will blow at least 6 times an hour. But. Highly rated, I had a r32 years ago. The r32 makes more fun noises stock for stock. But the 6R will win the races put it that way

Mk6 also used the newer wet clutch DSG and so whilst still awfully unreliable, it's a lot better than the mk5 I had a meltdown in my mk5 DSG and spent the best part of three months whilst dealership fixed it pretending to be a Nigerian princes nephew so I could raise the ££ to pay for it,

Sorry if any of you got that email ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: golf, mk6, mark6, golfr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.