Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 4468 posts
it is with a heavy heart, and with much pain that I have to post on here that my pride and joy was stolen from me on Saturday morning 30th April this week. My wife and I were asleep upstairs, they broke into the house, took the keys, opened the garage and drove off. The car was stolen from Huddersfield, by Asians from the Bradford area. It was last seen in Shipley, then later in the Frizinghall \ Manningham area on the same day. I didn't have the time or the heart to face the replies from the members at the time it happened and left it on social media i.e Facebook to get the message out. So many of you already know. Suffice to say, the house is getting upgraded to Fort Knox as we speak. I had just spent thousands on the car recently too with a full respray at VW, new bumpers, etc and new brake lines and hard lines, new sports cats, and other maintenance work. It was getting prepped potentially for F.I, but that is not going to happen anymore, Anyway, I'm hoping I will get paid out by the insurance company and that Chris Knott forum sponsor comes through for me. All the mods were declared. Some distinguishing marks: If you see anyone selling JL Audio Amps, JL Audio mini box sub, Kill Bill replica Sword, or Dell and Asus Laptops, KW Suspension, or any of the mods listed below in my sig, give us a heads up. The car itself has new paintwork. However it was due to go back to VW for final finish due to orange peel down the sides and some buffer marks. It has new Milltek Jet Tips. It has a full milltek except the cats which are Lucifer brand as they were replaced only a few weeks ago, so look for shiny cats and old system. Undertray is missing as its in my garage. Engine has a red corrugated tubing on some pipes. The vacuum plunger on inlet manifold has a brass T connector and blue with black vac tubing. It has a Neuspeed strut brace. Drilled air box with ITG panel filter. Fluidampr Crank pulley V3 Coilovers Avon ice Winter Tyres Brake master cylinder is brand new Front bumper hasn't been correctly lined up with the headlight edges after painting. Bosch Silver Battery No wear on seats except driver side upper bolster. Passenger front arch liner is broken.

Edited by JamesBaby, 04 May 2016 - 09:55 PM.

• Peteeуffeysoumn, ToerryLox, iolesovarm and 3 others like this

James
6ef5ae1b-733e-4a7e-ba6e-6cc31ab53894_zps

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

dpmurphy1991

dpmurphy1991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNottingham
Saw the posts online mate truly gutting I hope you get it back in one piece. Do you happen to have any pictures of the parts you mentioned? Will keep an eye out.

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3288 posts
  • LocationSURREY
Hard to know what to say,So sorry to hear this James...,know this was your pride and joy mate.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Saw a few posts on Instagram, you must be devastated especially it being your new house but al least you're both okay. Hope they catch whoever did this.

Edited by lee_shep, 04 May 2016 - 08:26 AM.

Slashformayor

Slashformayor

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationDudley, West Midlands
Really sorry to hear this brother. Hope you get the car back or if not, you get paid out by insurance and this scum get put away! Either way it will be a bitter sweet ending.

‘08 Black MK5 DSG (Now for Sale!)

RNS510 with ViM - USB MDI - Cruise Control - MK6 R Leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel - Scirocco R Full Height display clocks + needle sweep on start-up - Integrated Bluetooth via Wheel or Nav Unit - MK6 Climatronic - Heated/Remote Folding/Reverse Dip Mirrors with LED Puddle Lights - Autodimming Mirror - Brushed Aluminium Mirror Covers - Edition 30 18” Alloys - Matching Front Tints - Pipewerx Exhaust Tips - Interior Button Illumination Changed to White/Blue - Rear Footwell Illumination (My Build Thread)

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield
Aw James that is such bulls**t and I'm so sorry to hear that. A work colleague of mines 2012 polo was stolen on Sunday from Manchester road Huddersfield. I saw you in yours a week ago driving towards town from marsh and I was going the other way. Hope you get the result you'd prefer from all this and they catch the jobless scum

BullRacing

BullRacing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Sorry to hear this mate.

You question what else you can do if your car is locked away in a garage.

Ninja

Ninja

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1404 posts
Scum. I cannot believe this has happened. I can't imagine how upset you must be.

truly feel for you.
MY R32

Car history:

MK4 R32 DBP.
MAZDA 3 MPS Aero.
MK5 GTI DSG.
Audi S3 8L.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK5 Polo TSI SEL.
MK4 GTI 20VT.
MK3 GTI Anniversary.
MK2 GTI 8V.

AshR32

AshR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Absolutely gutted for you mate, even if insurance give good money it's irreplaceable, hopefully its found safe and sound
  • DougalR likes this

Car History:
MK4 Golf 1.4
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf PD130
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf Anniversary TDI

MK4 Golf TDI 90

MK4 Golf GTTDI 130

MK4 Golf R32

My R32 "Build Thread"

JohnR32DUB

JohnR32DUB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSW London,Surrey,South of England
So sorry to hear this James,I am truly gutted for you mate. I hope you manage to get her back safe and sound and the dirty scumbags get caught and get what they deserve! Will keep and eye out mate.

Edited by JohnR32DUB, 04 May 2016 - 11:43 AM.

AshleyM

AshleyM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth East
I can't see why you won't get paid out by insurance. Make sure you update everyone on your progress with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Saw this as well from Frankie , was gonna text but did not want to meither you

Hope that Karna sorts this out for you

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationHull
gutted mate, hope you get a realistic fair value for you to buy another on of similar quality. be a great PR result for the forum insurance sponsor on a regional event sponsor.

Sorry to hear this mate.

You question what else you can do if your car is locked away in a garage.

take your keys to bed

they wont wake u up for them as the sentencing guidelines start at double figures for this.

BullRacing

BullRacing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

take your keys to bed

they wont wake u up for them as the sentencing guidelines start at double figures for this.

Yeah I guess you're right and I do always take my keys upstairs.... unfortunately though without worrying anyone I used to work with someone in Manchester who had their house broken into for their Civic Type R. The keys were upstairs so they went upstairs with a knife and told the owner to hand them over while laying next to his 4 month pregnant wife.

I guess you just have to be as safe as you can be and hope that puts off the majority of the scum on this earth.
  • kingswood likes this

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham
Figured this was yours fella, devastated for you mate i know i'd be out for blood.

As MIQ says lets hope Karma sorts this out.

Can take your keys wherever if someones determined theyre taking something and they're willing to threaten you for it they'll take it.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

AshR32

AshR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationCornwall
Yeah think id rather leave the keys downstairs than have them come up to find them. If there in your house there going to have them.

Car History:
MK4 Golf 1.4
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf PD130
MK4 Golf 1.8T
MK4 Golf Anniversary TDI

MK4 Golf TDI 90

MK4 Golf GTTDI 130

MK4 Golf R32

My R32 "Build Thread"

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Yeah think id rather leave the keys downstairs than have them come up to find them. If there in your house there going to have them.

me to would rather loose items than my life

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

PoochR32

PoochR32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Im so sorry to hear this mate. Devestating news. I hope it comes hack in one piece but i also know how these things generally turn out. Never take keys to bed. The ibject of such a burglary is for a vehicle from the outset, so they will keep going until they find the keys. Makes absolutely no difference on sentancing unless its aggravated by use of a weapon
POOCHR32

Audi S3 Black Edition
Mk4 R32 DBP 3dr
Golf Gti Mk5 Black
BMW 330Ci E46 Silver
Mk5 R32 5dr Black
Renaultsport Clio 200 blue
Renaultsport Clio 197 Silver
Renaultsport Clio 172 full fat, flame red
Vauxhall Astra GTE 2.0 16v Redtop,Gunmetal Grey
Austin Mini 1275 Super 1979, Custom yellow

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Saw this on FB, very sorry to hear this James.

As mentioned, the main thing is no one was hurt and all being good the car (and declared mods) will be replaced.

Being ex PC. It would be interesting to see who's behind this? It appears they've done this more than once? Only a matter of time they will be apprehended!
Banner by Rich R32, on Flickr

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon
Sorry to hear of this mate.
Its an absolute jaw drop to read this.
The main thing is that you and the Mrs are okay and no one was hurt.
<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Marky parky

Marky parky

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire
Don't even know you but feel for you.
Hope u get what the car was worth from the insurance.
I hide my keys for my R for this reason.
Least no one was hurt.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 508 posts
Gutted for you :-(

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5440 posts
Sorry for your loss mate, gutted for you. On the bright side (if there is one) you and your wife didn't get hurt, which is much more important. Car can always be replaced..

Michelle

Michelle

Queen In The North

• Lady .:R32 Owners
  • 1358 posts
  • LocationCheshire

I hate reading this :( I've known you one of the longest and it upsets me knowing this has happened to such nice people! 

Hope you get the result you are looking for.  And doesn't surprise me you are upgrading to Fort Knox! 

Glad you and Danielle were ok :)

Edited by Michelle, 04 May 2016 - 03:47 PM.

MKV Golf .:R32 - Manual - Black - 3 Door - 55 Plate - RNS510 - Cruise Control - Recaro Wingback Seats - Full Rear Window Tints - Non-Resonated Milltek Exhaust - AmD Stage 2 Remap - Forge CAI with Blue Hoses - Neuspeed 35mm Lowering Springs - US Spec Grill - 12mm Rear Spacers - R-Line Retainer Clips - Silver 18” Zolder Alloys - MTEC Black Edition Discs with Mintex Pads - R-Line 55mm Center Caps - Private Tinted Rear Number Plate.

-----> Michelle's Build Thread
<-----

Big Steve prince

Big Steve prince

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
BAST£7DS nuff said

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3304 posts
Read the post on Facebook,glad you and your family are ok and the police catch the twats

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19293 posts
Sorry to read this and I'm glad you and you're wife are OK.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

look595

look595

• Members
  • 874 posts
Infuriating James, pissed me off no end reading this!! Chin up.....as mentioned no one hurt, thankfully.

-Nino-

-Nino-

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationWales

James, Im so, so sorry to hear this :(

No words... :(

VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi DSG- Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 4468 posts
Thanks for your comments guys. It's a crushing end unless they find it. But I'll focus on the joy I had in it and the fun on this forum rather than how it went.
  • JohnR32DUB and Ninja like this

James
6ef5ae1b-733e-4a7e-ba6e-6cc31ab53894_zps

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.