Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen - Page 2 - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

reaper

reaper

Deadly Member

• Members
  • 500 posts

You have my sympathy fella, to much of this sort of thing going on at the moment  :mellow: Good luck and hope it all gets sorted quickly mate

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 690 posts

So sad :( Glad that you and yours are OK though.

mfh4130

mfh4130

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
This is such upsetting news that people can do such a thing! Try to stay positive mate

MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V

• Members
  • 1064 posts

sorry to hear this  

PoochR32

PoochR32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Out of interest James, how did they get in to your house?
POOCHR32

Audi S3 Black Edition
Mk4 R32 DBP 3dr
Golf Gti Mk5 Black
BMW 330Ci E46 Silver
Mk5 R32 5dr Black
Renaultsport Clio 200 blue
Renaultsport Clio 197 Silver
Renaultsport Clio 172 full fat, flame red
Vauxhall Astra GTE 2.0 16v Redtop,Gunmetal Grey
Austin Mini 1275 Super 1979, Custom yellow

annavr6

annavr6

• Members
  • 655 posts

Sorry to hear this dude. i saw this on facebook and shared it.

I always think its safer to leave keys in reach as you never know what they might do. left ours blocked in with 2 lupos when we went away.

Do you think there is any hope in it being found?

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 4468 posts
We moved to a new house and normal Euro cylinder locks were installed on all the doors. The patio doors were installed incorrectly and were a snagging item. I was awaiting their replacement before I was to change all the locks to the Avocet ABS locks. Sadly they got onto the property, snapped the euro locks, which takes 11 seconds, and got in. They looked around and grabbed what they could as they looked for the keys. Once found, they opened the double garage and took the car, closing the garage behind them. We would have woken up if they tried to force anything

Folks, I have always had these ABS locks on my previous houses. I can't recommend them enough. If you have non ABS locks get them changed asap. Its a cheap diy job, yet so much more secure.They work by snapping when forced, so as to leave an impenetrable solid steel barrel as oppose to expose the inner lock lever. Thus no easy silent entry anymore.

The only way left then is to start smashing doors and windows down. Windows you can upgrade to laminated on lower floors, and fit sash locks to prevent crow bar access on the doors and windows.

I have a friend who is also installing a commercial level CCTV and alarm with various sensors now.

Links of the gear below:
http://www.avocet-ha.../abs-secure.asp

https://www.amazon.c...ords=sash locks

There is always hope that it will be found, but the likely hood of it being in a good state is low IMO.

Edited by JamesBaby, 06 May 2016 - 03:46 PM.

• lee_shep likes this

James
6ef5ae1b-733e-4a7e-ba6e-6cc31ab53894_zps

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

Spoonluvr

Spoonluvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

As above, I don't know you but really sorry for you bud.... I hope they find it in good nik!

On a positive, at least it was only the car and everyone is OK.

Keep us posted.

PoochR32

PoochR32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Good advice. Lock snapping is flavour of the times- cheap to buy a locksnapper and most standard uvpc units have them it seems. I hope the new security upgrades help you to build back confidence and feel better about this in time.
POOCHR32

Audi S3 Black Edition
Mk4 R32 DBP 3dr
Golf Gti Mk5 Black
BMW 330Ci E46 Silver
Mk5 R32 5dr Black

james_jvj1

james_jvj1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire

I'm going to get my lock cylinders upgraded asap, I have seen far too many stories like this.  Really sorry to hear about this James.  I can't see any prices on the ABS cylinders do you have an idea of cost?

james_jvj1

james_jvj1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire

I've answered my own question, here is a link to online stockists.  Looking at about £35-40 per lock.  Seems like a small price to pay for the piece of mind:

http://www.abs-secur...k-stockists.asp

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• 4468 posts

Yes the locks are around £35-£40 each, and can even be keyed alike if you want so you don't have loads of keys.

Its a small price to pay. Also check out the Ultion lock, its similar technology. They offer £1000 if someone accesses your door which has their lock on it. They boast Zero claims so far.

James

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts

I've just changed my locks last week to ABS locks and very impressed especially with the code to get new keys cut(just make sure you get them cut from an approved ABS stockist,When I bought mine they posted out to another address and even cut out my address on the invoice)

Also bought this for my patio doors.

http://www.patlock.co.uk/

Really sorry to hear OP's theft.

Edited by Dodders, 06 May 2016 - 09:40 AM.

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • LocationHull

ringing around for locksmiths now. ours is a 2001 new build and got the crappy locks on. we've 3 doors to get done, front, back and conservatory.

i'll let you know what prices i get.  

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• 4468 posts

Yes, I'm getting that Patlock too.

James

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 690 posts
I fitted new lock on our front door when beloved OH lost her key while jogging, was two screwdrivers and five minutes.

PoochR32

PoochR32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Patlock is £46 on ebay, bit cheaper than thier site
POOCHR32

Audi S3 Black Edition
Mk4 R32 DBP 3dr
Golf Gti Mk5 Black
BMW 330Ci E46 Silver
Mk5 R32 5dr Black

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• 4468 posts

Patlock on Amazon is only £44.

https://www.amazon.c...eywords=patlock

The Avocet ABS locks are a decent price too.

James

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts

Patlock on Amazon is only £44.

https://www.amazon.c...eywords=patlock

The Avocet ABS locks are a decent price too.

Yep,that where I got mine from.

Edited by Dodders, 06 May 2016 - 12:29 PM.

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Might get a patlock for mine.

Any more sightings James?

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• 4468 posts
Nothing to report re the car I'm afraid. :(

James

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3304 posts
Hopefully they have parked the car some where for a while to see if it has a tracker on the car and some body reports it

SVK

SVK

• Members
  • 993 posts

Really sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will be held responsible :(

We have sensors(you can enable or disable them) on all doors, once you open them Air raid siren comes on.

It's not WW2 siren but the sound is same :) I bet you that your whole neighbour hood would be up and looking out of window.
Got it for £20 from a friend.

Sounds like this

https://upload.wikim..._raid_siren.jpg

Edited by SVK, 07 May 2016 - 10:14 AM.

Connolly3000

Connolly3000

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Really sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will be held responsible :(

We have sensors(you can enable or disable them) on all doors, once you open them Air raid siren comes on.

It's not WW2 siren but the sound is same :) I bet you that your whole neighbour hood would be up and looking out of window.
Got it for £20 from a friend.

Sounds like this

https://upload.wikim..._raid_siren.jpg

I bet your neighbours love that, but yeah that will definitely shit someone up! I might invest in one myself
Is it rigged up to magnetic bars that trigger it when separated like the classic shed door alarm?

Edited by Connolly3000, 07 May 2016 - 10:53 AM.

SVK

SVK

• Members
  • 993 posts

""I bet your neighbours love that, but yeah that will definitely shit someone up! I might invest in one myself
Is it rigged up to magnetic bars that trigger it when separated like the classic shed door alarm?""

Yes, as soon as you open door this baby goes off. It sits on the roof so everyone can hear that. 
We had no issue so far.

This is only first line of defence, house is connected directly to police and they usually respond within 5 minutes. They arrive to your house and go around, if they can't see anything they will make contact with you or people you have put on form.

Edited by SVK, 07 May 2016 - 11:34 AM.

• Connolly3000 likes this

DougalR

DougalR

South East Organiser

• 6816 posts
  • LocationKent, near Canterbury

Hopefully the Police will do something. sad thing is its unlikely. 

So how much have the Insurance company shafted you yet??

May the boost be with you

.:Rotrex powered sleeper...well sort of.... :)
You can only plan so far.....After that, well you have to take a few leaps of faith.......

R32 Zee

R32 Zee

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1191 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, West Midlands. United kingdom.
So sorry, for the really bad news Jame baby. shocked when I seen this post just bruv. Hope you recover it fingers crossed.

dazr32

dazr32

Senior Citizen

• Members
  • 2624 posts

Morning james,

I did see this on social media, absolutely gutted for you bud, I know how much care and attention you lavish on your car,the only one more so I think would be Rich. Hope you hear something soon and if not I hope you manage to replace it with an equally good example in the near future, Like many on here have said, the most important thing is that you and your family are ok, the thieving assholes will get KARMA, i strongly believe you reap what you sow pal.

Chin up.

Daz

Edited by dazr32, 08 May 2016 - 07:22 AM.

• MIQ likes this
Posted Image

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• 4468 posts
Thanks Daz, and to everyone for their support.
  • dazr32 likes this

James

Marky32

Marky32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Gutted for ya mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.