Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen - Page 3 - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamesbaby's MK4 DBP : Stolen

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

ClintonB

ClintonB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationLondon

it is with a heavy heart, and with much pain that I have to post on here that my pride and joy was stolen from me on Saturday morning 30th April this week. My wife and I were asleep upstairs, they broke into the house, took the keys, opened the garage and drove off. The car was stolen from Huddersfield, by Asians from the Bradford area. It was last seen in Shipley, then later in the Frizinghall \ Manningham area on the same day. I didn't have the time or the heart to face the replies from the members at the time it happened and left it on social media i.e Facebook to get the message out. So many of you already know. Suffice to say, the house is getting upgraded to Fort Knox as we speak. I had just spent thousands on the car recently too with a full respray at VW, new bumpers, etc and new brake lines and hard lines, new sports cats, and other maintenance work. It was getting prepped potentially for F.I, but that is not going to happen anymore, Anyway, I'm hoping I will get paid out by the insurance company and that Chris Knott forum sponsor comes through for me. All the mods were declared. Some distinguishing marks: If you see anyone selling JL Audio Amps, JL Audio mini box sub, Kill Bill replica Sword, or Dell and Asus Laptops, KW Suspension, or any of the mods listed below in my sig, give us a heads up. The car itself has new paintwork. However it was due to go back to VW for final finish due to orange peel down the sides and some buffer marks. It has new Milltek Jet Tips. It has a full milltek except the cats which are Lucifer brand as they were replaced only a few weeks ago, so look for shiny cats and old system. Undertray is missing as its in my garage. Engine has a red corrugated tubing on some pipes. The vacuum plunger on inlet manifold has a brass T connector and blue with black vac tubing. It has a Neuspeed strut brace. Drilled air box with ITG panel filter. Fluidampr Crank pulley V3 Coilovers Avon ice Winter Tyres Brake master cylinder is brand new Front bumper hasn't been correctly lined up with the headlight edges after painting. Bosch Silver Battery No wear on seats except driver side upper bolster. Passenger front arch liner is broken.

So sorry to hear this mate! I really don't know what to say :sorry: Just reading this over again and can only imagine what you and family are going through.

Chrisniss91

Chrisniss91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Sorry to hear this, I kind off know how you feel , my house was broken into a few years back luckily they didn't find the keys but they trashed the house to bits looking. Horrible feeling hope it all works out ok

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield
No update yet James mate? My friends polo that was stolen from Manchester road has now been recovered, hoping you get a similar outcome.

Jed

Jed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationJersey

Sorry to hear about this, totally feel for you. I follow you on IG and seen most of the pictures you post of it, must be heartbreaking to lose your pride and joy. Hope the car gets found and you get some good outcome from this.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 4468 posts
Thanks for your comments guys. Still no joy in finding it yet.

James
6ef5ae1b-733e-4a7e-ba6e-6cc31ab53894_zps

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

Fozziebeard

Fozziebeard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Sad news mate. Had an attempt a couple of years back to relieve us of our R32, luckily the dogs don't take kindly to being woken up. They got into a neighbors house and took his Vauxhall V8 beast, parked that up the road and came back to try their luck at ours. We had alarm and security lights, so that along with angry dogs persuaded them to bog off. We always take the car keys upstairs at night, lower floor gets sealed with tumblr locks on all the doors, bit ott but it gives the missus the safe feel. We now have cctv with movement sensors to alert us. Hope you get some closure and possible karma

Fozziebeard

Fozziebeard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Sad news mate. Had an attempt a couple of years back to relieve us of our R32, luckily the dogs don't take kindly to being woken up. They got into a neighbors house and took his Vauxhall V8 beast, parked that up the road and came back to try their luck at ours. We had alarm and security lights, so that along with angry dogs persuaded them to bog off. We always take the car keys upstairs at night, lower floor gets sealed with tumblr locks on all the doors, bit ott but it gives the missus the safe feel. We now have cctv with movement sensors to alert us. Hope you get some closure and possible karma

Jaeger_R32

Jaeger_R32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Hey James. Very sorry for your loss on the car. Did you hear any progress on this? I know how you feel as I had exactly the same happen to me a year ago with my BMW E92 M3. I actually met with potential buyers over the weekend and on that Monday it was stolen. Effing bastards and I truly hope these kind of scum bags get nailed one day.

• JohnR32DUB likes this

2004, Tornado Red, Induction, HPA Mapped, Spacers, B14 Bilstein Coilovers, Tinted Front Lights, Splitter Kit, Carbon Front Grill, HPA Turbo Coversion and Intercooled

R19A6328.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SplitPersonality

SplitPersonality

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 4808 posts
Sorry to get on this so late after the event. But truly gutted for you James. You've always been a valuable member of the board that's helped me out more than once.

Absolute scum bags! Does make me think about the security on my house. I leave the keys out downstairs in an obvious place.

Take it there was no more news?! I kinda figured out mkIVs being the age they are. They were probably not high on the risk list.
If you are going to have just one car, for gods sake make sure its German!

Mk2 GTi > VR6 > R32 IV > Cayman S and mkVI GT

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 4468 posts
Thanks mate. Yes it's been gutting. But that's life and we were unharmed so that's ok. The car was seen in fuel drive offs, with scruffy Pakistanis inside it, also similar guys using my credit cards on contactless payments in Bradford. No sign since. I've been paid out and moved on. A sad end but that's life. Hope you are well pal. Get a Clifford black jax folks.

James
6ef5ae1b-733e-4a7e-ba6e-6cc31ab53894_zps

GENUINE VCDS HEX CAN - VAG TACHO - VDS PRO - SCANS & DIAGNOSTICS, DATA LOGGING, DSG GEARBOX CALIBRATION, CODING, CRUISE CONTROL ETC. CAN DO MILES TO EMPTY, LIT NEEDLES & GAUGES, REAL TIME TEMP GAUGE, AUTO WINDOWS FROM FOB. West Yorkshire.

m3stig

m3stig

• Members
  • 1534 posts
  • LocationCheshire or Surrey
James how does the blackjax work when the cars in the garage.... Obivously your not going to give them your pin

-Nino-

-Nino-

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationWales

James how does the blackjax work when the cars in the garage.... Obivously your not going to give them your pin

It will allow them to drive the car away, but after around 1-2 miles it will give warnings by beeping to indicate that the pin number has not been entered, if after a short amount of time it has still not had the pin entered, it will then kill all power to the car, causing the person to pull over, it will then trigger the alarm and flashing lights, also meaning that the car cannot be restarted, it will remain like this until the pin in entered. By which time the theifs will panic and run away.

VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi DSG- Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door

SplitPersonality

SplitPersonality

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 4808 posts
That system does sound good!

All good this end cheers James, hope you and yours have got it behind you and you've got a new smart motor.
If you are going to have just one car, for gods sake make sure its German!

Mk2 GTi > VR6 > R32 IV > Cayman S and mkVI GT

m3stig

m3stig

• Members
  • 1534 posts
  • LocationCheshire or Surrey
Video i watched doesnt allow you to start the car up? Withiut the pin being put in, but how does this work for the mechanic at the garage?

MrPompey

MrPompey

• Members
  • 630 posts

It will allow them to drive the car away, but after around 1-2 miles it will give warnings by beeping to indicate that the pin number has not been entered, if after a short amount of time it has still not had the pin entered, it will then kill all power to the car, causing the person to pull over, it will then trigger the alarm and flashing lights, also meaning that the car cannot be restarted, it will remain like this until the pin in entered. By which time the theifs will panic and run away.

you miss his point. He means if the car is in say the VW garage for a service.....would you want to give them the pin?

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 691 posts

you miss his point. He means if the car is in say the VW garage for a service.....would you want to give them the pin?

You can switch it off

MrPompey

MrPompey

• Members
  • 630 posts

Thanks for confirming.

Any view of cost out of interest and how reliable / popular this is currently.

No idea what R32 members in general use and how this compares in real life experience with fitting/using say a tracker

Perhaps given the age of the R32 and its comparative speed with the new age hot hatches/saloons it may not be seen as an urgent investment

I wonder if James ever found his car?

IMG

IMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Thanks for confirming.

Any view of cost out of interest and how reliable / popular this is currently.
No idea what R32 members in general use and how this compares in real life experience with fitting/using say a tracker

Perhaps given the age of the R32 and its comparative speed with the new age hot hatches/saloons it may not be seen as an urgent investment

I wonder if James ever found his car?

I wouldn't put it off. You never know who has their eyes on your car.

As far as I'm aware he never did get the car back or at least find out where it ended up.

lakers1234

lakers1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I am upset that the forum admin have allowed members to use terms like "Scruffy Pakistanis" . Wouldn't "scruffy lads" have sufficed for you, rather than assuming they were Pakistani without actually knowing for sure. They could have been Indian, Bangladeshi etc. Secondly, this is a forum with members from all different backgrounds and ethnicities, you shouldn't use terms like "Asians" or "scruffy Pakistanis" because it's just an absolute immature and unfair way to address the situation. Keep the environment clean, even if you are racist. We shouldn't be political on here. FYI i am not Pakistani but Just a fellow human with love for all. We all have a few things in common but one thing in common here at least, Passion for cars, don't ruin that with silly remarks. Rant over. Hope the car was found and I hope the culprits paid the price. Lowlife scum of the world, taking what doesn't belong to them
  • Paul_N and raiden like this

Marky parky

Marky parky

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire
[quote name="lakers1234" post="2501681" timestamp="1487012530"]I am upset that the forum admin have allowed members to use terms like "Scruffy Pakistanis" . Wouldn't "scruffy lads" have sufficed for you, rather than assuming they were Pakistani without actually knowing for sure. They could have been Indian, Bangladeshi etc. Secondly, this is a forum with members from all different backgrounds and ethnicities, you shouldn't use terms like "Asians" or "scruffy Pakistanis" because it's just an absolute immature and unfair way to address the situation. Keep the environment clean, even if you are racist. We shouldn't be political on here. FYI i am not Pakistani but Just a fellow human with love for all. We all have a few things in common but one thing in common here at least, Passion for cars, don't ruin that with silly remarks. Rant over. Hope the car was found and I hope the culprits paid the price. Lowlife scum of the world, taking what doesn't belong to them[/quot

Term asian isn't offence

MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V

• Members
  • 1064 posts
It was a generalisation I doubt any offence was meant and after all some scruffy scrote took off with his car!!
  • Marky parky likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Maybe a white , straight Male did it Sure that won't offend anyone Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Marky parky likes this

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

AndyV1990

AndyV1990

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield

Maybe a white , straight Male did it

Sure that won't offend anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God why do you have to be so sexist!!

😂😂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AndyV1990, 14 February 2017 - 06:26 PM.

• MIQ likes this

lakers1234

lakers1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Lol I know what you mean. I'm sure you guys understand where I was coming from though. 

• MIQ likes this

MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V

• Members
  • 1064 posts

We know exactly where you are coming from and nothing like that happens here
though you may still get stick banter or leg pulling no matter where you come from or what coulor you are
This is a car forum all we are interested in is cars :good:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.