Maco's turbo R32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Maco's turbo R32

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts

Ahh Matt chaps is old car this is the very car that made me turbo mine have fun

Yeah that's the one, I love it . I've been spending a lot of my time sorting out the bodywork etc still have a few more small bits to sort but apart from that it's great, done 1000 miles in it so far and loved it. Town driving with a turbo and single mass isn't too fun though
.:R32 mk4, Shiney & Slammed

farmer

farmer

• Members
  • 2443 posts
There are clutches that are pretty good mate my spec is like stock
Posted Image

Brend4nn

Brend4nn

• Members
  • 982 posts
Yeah I've now got a spec and it's exactly how farmer said just like stock!
MKIV R36, Turbo'd.

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts

Yeah I've now got a spec and it's exactly how farmer said just like stock!

There are clutches that are pretty good mate my spec is like stock

What are you guys running then, mine got done only 2000 miles ago, was fitted with a sach clutch and flywheel kit supplied and fitted by aps

farmer

farmer

• Members
  • 2443 posts
Spec stage 3+
Posted Image

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Just fitted my new drop links onto my neuspeed Arb . Nice to have everything tightened up again and no knocks coming from the rear. Driving comfort is very nice, can't wait to get my new wings on to drive the car properly without the tyre touching the arch due to the spacers required to clear the Porsche brakes. There is a small knock when going over large bumps which I need to trace so I'm now on the hunt for the culprit!

Spec stage 3+

That's definitely something I will consider then, are you running a dual mass or single?

Edited by r32maco, 07 July 2016 - 06:54 PM.

farmer

farmer

• Members
  • 2443 posts
Single mass mate check the front drop links
Posted Image

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts

Single mass mate check the front drop links

Cheers mate going to double check them tommorow to make sure there tight

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Over the last couple of weeks I've been finishing the last few panels and managed to seal all the paintwork and give it a coat of wax and I'm very happy with the outcome. I've managed to get rid of the knocking on the front which did turn out to be due to the drop links. I also purchased a set of Srs front wings, the reason for this is that when I went for a spirited drive my tyres were making contact with the front wings due to the wheels being spaced out for clearance with the Porsche brakes. Also ordered some new 15mm hi centric spacers to replace the 20mm I currently have upfront
.Attached File  image.jpg   65.73KB   19 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   65.81KB   19 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   189.55KB   17 downloads
  • raiden and MIQ like this

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Only a small update, purchased a set of 15mm front spacers as opposed to 20mm, much better now. Driving really well and enjoying owning it, it really is living up to my expectations. Wings will be getting painted towards the end of the month.
Attached File  image.jpeg   60.72KB   16 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   39.82KB   16 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   71.32KB   18 downloads

stefan88

stefan88

Batman Member

• Members
  • 1516 posts
Looks ace maco 👍 Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Michael.A.C

Michael.A.C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Very nice!

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Cars booked in for the wings to be painted next week so really looking forward to that! Just replaced the battery with a Bosch s3. Going to give it a full service at the end of the month going to use castol oil. Can't wait to fully detail it once it's out of the body shop and a few coats of wax ready for winter.
Went out for a drive with a few mates, both have high powered subarus, one a wax one a sti. Good fun having a spirited drive out with other performance vehicles.
Attached File  image.jpeg   60.83KB   23 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   60.83KB   22 downloads
  • IMG likes this

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Just my luck that my painter hasn't been into work this week so my wings are still grey and car looks like a scrapper haha. I treated myself to a New set of wheels before my house completion next week 😂 They will be getting refurbed in January and I guess not to everyone's tast but they really set of my brakes. Oz superlegerra III splits 😈 Was a 500 mile round trip yesterday and the car didn't miss a beat a not too bad mpg!
Attached File  image.jpeg   43.38KB   19 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   32.6KB   20 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   52.02KB   20 downloads

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Just placed an order for vibratechnics engine mounts after the gearbox mount has decided to give up on me luckily at only 10-20mph

dubzter

dubzter

• Members
  • 3137 posts

how do you rate the wings? I'm running 996t brakes with 15mm spacers up front, lowered on KW V1s and I do get a bit of rub in dips if I'm pushing it a bit. Wings need replaced anyway and trying to decide go for oem and get them rolled and painted or go for the wider fibreglass ones and get them painted.

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

how do you rate the wings? I'm running 996t brakes with 15mm spacers up front, lowered on KW V1s and I do get a bit of rub in dips if I'm pushing it a bit. Wings need replaced anyway and trying to decide go for oem and get them rolled and painted or go for the wider fibreglass ones and get them painted.

A lot of people rate them, I had a set on a previous golf (from SRS) and have a very similar setup to yourself so im considering getting them again if not a more motorsport styled wing.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Fitted my engine mount today and the difference is so noticeable the car drives a lot more solid, the clutch feels a lot better and what I thought was chatter from the single mass flywheel has reduced drastically. Next thing required is a new maf sensor so going to order one tonight then just need to fit polybushhes up front.

The wings are great they are good quality and give you the opportunity to run brake set ups with many wheels I'm currently running on superlegerra III with 23mm spacers and can still tuck

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Maf fitted tonight and cars running the best it has since I owned it! Car at first idled at 500rpm and kept cutting out but after some research the car needed to set itself up with the new maf so after a short 15 minute drive everything seems great. The proof will be in the pudding tommorow when I start it. Still a couple of minor noises on really bumpy roads to sort. Will be getting some oil for it in the next few weeks and carry Out a full service.

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
The big question is now do I sell up and go for a b7 rs4 avant?? Anyone have any opinions on the rs4? Anyone genuinely interested send me a private message
Attached File  IMG_2275.JPG   50.21KB   15 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2109.JPG   90.58KB   15 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2022.JPG   74.85KB   14 downloads

Edited by r32maco, 30 July 2017 - 08:04 AM.

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Up for sale is my 3 door mk4 r32 turbo in dbp, the car is in great condition both inside and out, The car has mot until April 2018. And just undergone a full service including new spark plugs, coil packs and oil filter change.

2003 53 plate Golf R32 Turbo
104k miles approx
mods include
miltek exhaust
Porsche Cayenne 6 pots with yellow stuff pads and uprated fluid
Blue haldex controller
Neuspeed arbs
Unibrace XB
Leather arm rest
Decatted
42draftdesign shifter bushes
HPA short shifter
Vibratechnics engine mounts
NewSouth boost and oil temp gauges
Stage 3 sach performance clutch with single mass flywheel
Pioneer double din head unit with European satnav and iPod connection and Bluetooth connect for phone
JBS 440 turbo conversion running gt35 turbo and forge front mount intercooler
It has had gearbox rebuilt about 95k, May 2014
New Sachs clutch done 5k miles ago, March 2015 with a service.
Srs widened front wings
Airlift performance struts with v2 management and dual compressors dampening adjustment struts
New miltek non resonated catback
Smoothed front bumper
Freshly refurbished alloys

As with any vehicle there are a couple of very minor issues
Wings need paint
Small power steering leak (very minor)
Slight knock on very poor road conditions due to the dampening set up at present

This car is an absolute animal running 472bhp and 450+ torque, everything about the driving experience is tight and you really feel the driving experience with every gear change.

I don't need to sell it or really want to but if it sells it will encourage me to get my next toy
Price is firm at £14000

DaleM

DaleM

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationReading
Wish I could afford to get this 😍

Edited by DaleM, 07 August 2017 - 04:29 PM.

DaveMK

DaveMK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sent a pm mate

DougalR

DougalR

South East Organiser

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 6819 posts
  • LocationKent, near Canterbury

Tidy car, its the only one JBS got right. 

Its been driven too, been around Europe a few times. 

Goes like a stabbed rat.

May the boost be with you

.:Rotrex powered sleeper...well sort of.... :)
You can only plan so far.....After that, well you have to take a few leaps of faith.......

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts

Goes like a stabbed rat.

Goes like a stabbed rat.

It is abit of an animal like haha, the workmanship that's gone into it is awesome all the intercooler pipework etc it's a real fun bit of kit that's why I've not really put it for sale as I don't need it to go but it would just encourage a change if anything

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Insurance renewal at this end of this month £611 with everything declared, I can't really complain about that

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
A bit of a fresh oil for the R32 today!Attached File  IMG_2357.JPG   73.47KB   14 downloads

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Managed to get round to my cousins to wash the car as I have no water supply at home at the minute due to having a new extension. Love the reflection off dbp
Attached File  IMG_2410.JPG   52.81KB   13 downloads

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
I love this car, taking it out when the roads are quiet for a pointless drive! You really do enjoy them when you don't have to use them on a day to day basis. I just need to get my house sorted and this thing in a condition it deserves. Just fitted a outside tap at home tonight so another clean over the weekend for the R32.

Attached File  IMG_2439.JPG   56.66KB   13 downloads
  • H5R and IMG like this

r32maco

r32maco

• Members
  • 927 posts
Just ordered my new reg plate so the (R32pch) will be coming off in the next couple of weeks. Also ordered a haldex service kit which will be done when the weather allows and a set of clear indicator lenses.
Monday night I Took the car to a local classic car meet just down the road at a small country pub, it was nice to have a catch up with enthusiasts and get the car out. A quick picture I took on the way home.

Attached File  IMG_2452.JPG   58.26KB   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.