Andy r32 - Page 10 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Andy r32

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Hopefully mate as be good to meet up

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Going to fit the 034motorsport rear anti roll bar next month but is it worth putting adjustable anti roll bar links or new oem ones
  • illegalr32 likes this

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5481 posts
I already replied to your Facebook post.

The primary point of adjustable drop links is to allow you to remove any preload on the antiroll bar.

That means getting under the car whilst the wheels are on the floor so the cars sitting naturally under its own weight , and adjusting the length of the drop links so there's no preload on the arb.

Unless you're going to these sorts of lengths to balance your suspension and therefore handling at the limit , it's pretty pointless for a road car.

Most ppl just fit lowering springs and coilovers for looks, and they say handling. But they never goto the length of properly setting up the suspension for cross balancing etc etc, which is where you'd need adjustable drop links .

All in all get them as they have a purpose, but pointless getting them if you don't intend to put them to their intended use.

Also, the other downsides are lots of clonking and unwanted noises is generally what happens when you fit anything with solid end links

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Cheers for the input..the car will be set up properly on them when they are fitted..these is what am looking at
Screenshot-20210126-141555-Chrome.jpg

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Screenshot-20210126-141632-Chrome.jpg

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

That is the set I used . As per above, really important if you want to avoid unbalanced preload on the ARBs and if you are going to the trouble of setting corner weights , doubly important . Mine are still pretty new but no untoward clonking so far , but they are not rose joints , so I do not expect any . 

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts

That is the set I used . As per above, really important if you want to avoid unbalanced preload on the ARBs and if you are going to the trouble of setting corner weights , doubly important . Mine are still pretty new but no untoward clonking so far , but they are not rose joints , so I do not expect any .

Cheers Andy for the info..they will be set up properly 👍

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Get them of mj on here brilliant quality

Cheers sweety xx  :P

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Hopefully get to see this at a show next year mate

You never gets a Visa to leave the House!!! :P LOL :P

MJ

• BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE likes this
<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Screenshot-20210201-092020-Chrome.jpg
Been looking for a 2nd hand one for ages but don't if I can justify £1500 for a new one

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

I must admit that I have hung my nose over one of those . I think that if I end up doing a few track days , then it may become a priority, but I suspect that in normal road driving , the difference may  not be that great. Having said that , the Integrales I had all had permanent 4 wheel drive with no clever Haldex systems and frankly that car was way more capable than its owner when it came to going round corners at white ridiculous speeds. 

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5481 posts
The upgraded haldex makes a big difference on the MK4 R32. That is if you actually drive the car likes it's meant to be driven.

If u drive it like a 2wd GTi then you're completely missing the point. And I'm not talking about the standing starts, but the moments when you learn to get on the power really early on in a corner and make full use of the 4wd system. The upgraded haldex let's you get on the gas much earlier that it feels like a different car to the stock system.

The stock system is cumbersome in comparison.

If you're the kind of driver that does not excersise the 4wd in the bends and exiting corners, then you'll never feel the benefit of the upgraded haldex
  • Gti Fly likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
Luckily u live in the dales so all twisty roads and drive it like I stole it

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Point well made GtiFly . For cruising, no point in the investment. For point and squirt, it is a different story. Presumably Andy, you have not found a good SH one at a decent price as I suspect the kind of folk who invest in one do not sell them on .

• Gti Fly likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts

Point well made GtiFly . For cruising, no point in the investment. For point and squirt, it is a different story. Presumably Andy, you have not found a good SH one at a decent price as I suspect the kind of folk who invest in one do not sell them on .

Unfortunately 2nd hand ones are none existing at all as you say owners keep hold of them

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • LocationSURREY

You never gets a Visa to leave the House!!! :P LOL :P
MJ

I’m the boss in my house (when the Mrs is out) I’ll have you know
  • Muska likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts

I’m the boss in my house (when the Mrs is out) I’ll have you know

Same here 😆
  • BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.