FlatLemon's Black MK5 - Page 3 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

FlatLemon's Black MK5

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Obiwanph

Obiwanph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Same here. Although I wished mine was DSG this morning after stalling it. Very embrassing.

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland
Another trip out at the weekend following the snowfall. Can’t wait to get photos here in Summer. Even managed to get a snap with my mates drone, which has got me wanting one. a1f2d9e33d8e9ef0ea80bdb1de770277.jpgddf1e185ed3c2c6eef235644db3fcc01.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MJVR6 likes this

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire
Lovely choice of alloys! You’ve made me want some instead of Ultraleggeras! Are they lighter than the Zolders / Omanyt’s? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts

Cheers Andy :D

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
Not posted for a while. Biggest change is the wheels as one of mine cracked and had a set of Oz Superturismos sitting. I was waiting for summer and was going to refurb them for shows but needs must and fitted them as is. 398ba3dd904f534317b73ed2e26d2284.jpg685298e0848fe28e4be9b57f6c3787c6.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MJVR6 and filbro like this

rtbiscuit

rtbiscuit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Lovely photos, I'm desperate to get out an machine polish my black R32, but weather has been too hot and having 4 year old twins has scuppered any opportunity to get out with the kit. what polishes and waxes are you using on yours? 

Current: VW Golf R32 : Previous: VW Touareg :  Volvo XC90 : Jaguar XKR : Honda S2000 : Nissan 350Z : Honda Civic Type R : Toyota MR2 :  Peugeot 306 GTi6

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3411 posts
looks excellent

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
Thanks rtbiscuit! As far as polishes/waxes go, I tend to give it a proper 2 bucket wash including snow foam before (still not convinced this does much haha). I’m currently using Soft99 Fusso wax and find it to be decent, just apply very lightly. I think all waxes will be decent, what’s important is the prep stages e.g. proper safe wash (2 buckets), clay bar/de-tar, wash again, then polish and wax. There’s plenty info on the likes of Detailing World and Clean Your Car. If you can get the paint in as best shape as possible before polishing /waxing you’ll leave yourself the best finish possible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MJVR6 and rtbiscuit like this

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
Cheers Andy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
  • LocationLong Eaton, Nottingham
Missing something low down on the front bumper i reckon ;-)

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
I only want your splitter mate ;) Everything else is way too OTT.

rtbiscuit

rtbiscuit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Thanks rtbiscuit! As far as polishes/waxes go, I tend to give it a proper 2 bucket wash including snow foam before (still not convinced this does much haha). I’m currently using Soft99 Fusso wax and find it to be decent, just apply very lightly. I think all waxes will be decent, what’s important is the prep stages e.g. proper safe wash (2 buckets), clay bar/de-tar, wash again, then polish and wax. There’s plenty info on the likes of Detailing World and Clean Your Car. If you can get the paint in as best shape as possible before polishing /waxing you’ll leave yourself the best finish possible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my detailing kit back out, its been sat unused for a few years, but planning to give it a full detail this weekend or next. got a DA polisher so will get it back to shiney.

Current: VW Golf R32 : Previous: VW Touareg :  Volvo XC90 : Jaguar XKR : Honda S2000 : Nissan 350Z : Honda Civic Type R : Toyota MR2 :  Peugeot 306 GTi6

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts
Look forward to seeing the results mate. Post some pics up when you’ve done it 👍
  • rtbiscuit likes this

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
  • LocationLong Eaton, Nottingham

I only want your splitter mate ;) Everything else is way too OTT.

something like this then?

https://www.ebay.co....2IAAOSwVL5a86u4

or this

https://www.ebay.co....EAAAOSwIQdZJAol

says for MKVI but must fit MK5 as mines got one on - although mines not carbon :(

Edited by ad_182_uk, 16 May 2018 - 10:26 AM.

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts

something like this then?

https://www.ebay.co....2IAAOSwVL5a86u4

or this

https://www.ebay.co....EAAAOSwIQdZJAol

says for MKVI but must fit MK5 as mines got one on - although mines not carbon :(

Cheers mate, appreciate the links.

Came across this one too:

http://vi.vipr.ebayd...=1&secureDesc=0

Wonder if they could paint it for me too...

rtbiscuit

rtbiscuit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Look forward to seeing the results mate. Post some pics up when you’ve done it

will do, may well do a new post on it as the swirls on my car are epicly bad, it looks like its been cleaned with a brillo pad.

flatlemon

flatlemon

• Members
  • 585 posts

As I'm sure most of you will know, that's the car up for sale. It has been a pleasure being part of this forum during my ownership - the amount of knowledge that is in here can't, and never will, be rivalled.

If you know of anyone looking for a MK5, 3 door, black, manual R32 please let me know good.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.