TRD Stage 2 long term review - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

TRD Stage 2 long term review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Can anyone provide a long term review of there MK5 R32 that has has the Stage 2 kit from TRD fitted? I'm looking to get this done, but all i can find is people praising, then putting the car up for sale a few months later!

Cheers,

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon
Andy.
Speak to Matt 1st before looking into the TRD set up.
He should be up ans running with the Rotrex Kits, Brackets and Pulleys.
Rushworth Performance.

Mj
  • Lucifer likes this
<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Andy.
Speak to Matt 1st before looking into the TRD set up.
He should be up ans running with the Rotrex Kits, Brackets and Pulleys.
Rushworth Performance.
Mj

Thanks for the heads up! Another recommend him too. I’d rather wait for others to review if it a newly developed setup.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MJVR6 likes this

FR05TTY

FR05TTY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationKent

Hi Andyy

I have been running a RUF super charger stage 3 set up since December 2014 ( RUF is what TRD sell and install ) , my MK 5 is the one shown on the Carlicious site.

I can honestly say it has been brilliant and is very well made.

When installed in Germany it produced 432 bhp on 18" wheels at only 1 degree C , and when I came back I put it on a dyno in the UK and it produced 426 bhp at 16 degree's C , it now produces 388 bhp on 19" wheels and 431bhp on 18" wheels at around 15 degree's C.

So remember the air temperature makes a huge difference , the colder the air the more power you produce , and also remember if you go up on your wheel size your power recorded on the dyno will drop about 10%. Make sure the guy running the dyno knows you have made the rolling radius of your car different.

I have not personally dealt with TRD but I have been informed that they are very professional and know what they are doing.

Frosty

andyy

andyy

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Hi Andyy

I have been running a RUF super charger stage 3 set up since December 2014 ( RUF is what TRD sell and install ) , my MK 5 is the one shown on the Carlicious site.

I can honestly say it has been brilliant and is very well made.

When installed in Germany it produced 432 bhp on 18" wheels at only 1 degree C , and when I came back I put it on a dyno in the UK and it produced 426 bhp at 16 degree's C , it now produces 388 bhp on 19" wheels and 431bhp on 18" wheels at around 15 degree's C.

So remember the air temperature makes a huge difference , the colder the air the more power you produce , and also remember if you go up on your wheel size your power recorded on the dyno will drop about 10%. Make sure the guy running the dyno knows you have made the rolling radius of your car different.

I have not personally dealt with TRD but I have been informed that they are very professional and know what they are doing.

Frosty

Hi Frosty,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the set up :) I've been in contact with both TRD and Rushworth performance and I'm waiting on quotes back for either kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.