Holset HX35 - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Holset HX35

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Davidol

Davidol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
So, I’m nearly ready to purchase a mk5 R32 to start a turbo build on, I’ve been researching turbos and people tend to go with the following

Borg warner EFR 7670
Garrett GT3572R
Precision 6266

Just curious as to why nobody tends to use Holset HX35? I appreciate they are probably a bit more old school in their noisy delivery but cost wise would seem to deliver a big saving.

Thoughts?
  • Sharrivat likes this

P70CYA

P70CYA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLondon

Mate its personal preference when building a custom kit because anything is possible if you've got the money to throw at the motor.
What you aiming for power wise & whats your budget?

MTM R32 Turbo 

Davidol

Davidol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Yeah your right, I currently drive a B7 RS4 and I miss the tourque a turbo setup gives you so I’d guess around 500/550bhp. It’s not so much that I’m hung up on the HX35 it’s just they are really cheap compared to a Garrett and with the 3.2 I’d expect the spool would be decent too

MOOMO96

MOOMO96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

thats sound interesting, right now I am collecting parts  I am about to buy PTE 5858 I think I read about the 

Holset HX35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.