Mk4 2.8 gt30 - Page 2 - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk4 2.8 gt30

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
What size spacer plate do I need 3.6 or 2mm?

Lionborg

Lionborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Copenhagen S
Stock pistons? I had 4mm spacer with a divided gasket (4.65mm in total) Compression ratio around 8:1
Anything between 8 and 8.5 will work fine.
My mk4 .:R32 turbo build https://www.r32oc.com...tion-r32-turbo/

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
What spacer plate is best the one with a gasket or one you put a gasket each side of and best place to buy?

Got water and oil pumps, chain tensioner kit, new bolts for everything, new sprockets, sump sealent just need the spacer plate and arp head studs and hopefully a bargain on x beam rods and I can tackle the engine block

Forgot also new piston rings and just need to get some bearing and that’s should be it for the engine Internals

Edited by Tj0785, 12 October 2018 - 08:06 PM.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
For the big end shells do they need to be coated? will new oem be up to the job

Edited by Tj0785, 13 October 2018 - 03:58 PM.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Are the sp turbo oil filter housings the best option for clean oil feed for the turbo? Maybe with a sandwich plate to a 13 row oil cooler

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
What about the standard fuel rail should I ditch that for the 034 motorsports one?

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon

SP oil filter house is nice design but expensive plus heard of some being badly machined. Just fit a sandwich plate with oil cooler. if your worried about oil contamination just fit an inline oil filter. Standard fuel rail flow just as much as the 034 model. Only reason to change really is you can fit fuel pressure gauges etc easier or like in my case i run two fuel line up to the fuel rail with fuel coming in both end and the return line in the middle.  

820 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Have ordered a oil cooler and sandwich plate.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
What turbo size is better suited to
The r32 not sure on actual turbo yet but is 4” inlet/2”outlet a/r .82 ok ?

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts

Depends on the turbo size , power wanted , how quick you want it to spool etc 

MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Realistically it will be a precision 6262 or a gt35 Power wise 450+ would be nice. I just want whatever spec would make the turbo perform best

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Also Do I need to think about a 4” maf at that power

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts

Best speak to who ever is going to map the car really on maf size. GT35 is 40 year old design now so pay a bit extra and get a gtx35 or the BW airwerks sxe turbo`s are very good for the money as they use the erf wheels but half the price of a erf turbo. 

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Well thread started as a 2.8 gt30 and it’s turned into a 3.2 and I’ve just bought a gtx3582R just need a exhaust manifold now and engine mounts,all the engine bits are sorted I have a short runner intake manifold all gaskets and bolts oil and water pumps, turbosmart boost controller and wastegate, forge splitter, toyosports type b fmic can start getting it fitted soon and start on the down pipe
is there any need to Fit a bigger throttle body ?

Edited by Tj0785, 20 February 2019 - 08:20 PM.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts

Not on that turbo no. 

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Ok thanks

raguturbo

raguturbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Lucifer you mentioned bw sxe I have a sx3 the older model 60mm compressorwheel s360. Any thoughts on how that would do on a 3.2

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts

Never had anything to do with SX3 stuff. The main thing that seems to effect turbo spool and power graph is the A/R size and if T4 or T3. 

raguturbo

raguturbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
On your gt35 do you run t3 or t4 turbine and what AR? I'm somewhat concerned with its spooling too quick making too much torque down low and breaking stuff but then not really having enough up top

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Mine is a t4 AR 63 it’s not fitted yet I’m got everything needed just need to start rebuilding the engine, I’ve gone with forged rods so don’t have to worry to much

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7307 posts

T3 is to small for the 3.2 or a 2.8 unless your fitting a tiny little turbo. 

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
So finally started the strip down of the 3.2 engine after being sat for god know how long, the chain guides looked pretty worn down I’m sure the reason the car got broke for parts would have been chain rattle, anyway all stripped down no nasty surprises yet, just need to remove the crank and hone the bores before I start rebuilding the pistons with the new forged rods
Few questions I have.
Can the crank pulley be taken out with out the speacial tool?
Is crank balancing needed/ worth the cost ?
What gap should the new rings be gapped to?

Will be ordering new super tech valves and a fluidampr crank pully (no sure about the lightweight cts one anyone used one?)
Any other engine part upgrades
After months of nothing it’s finally happening can’t wait to get it road worthy again

Attached Files

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Oh also any decent options on exhaust manifolds with external wastegate port I have a cast one at the minute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.