George’s MK4 R32 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

George’s MK4 R32

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Georgeemsley

Georgeemsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Now then everyone, not really sure how to start this, so apologies if it’s long winded.

Picked up my first m4 r32 in black a couple of weeks ago - after wanting one for quite a few years. It’s always been on my list of cars to own.
It’s fantastic condition, half leather interior with no wear. Bodywork it’s very good bar a couple of little scratches, main one is no rust what so ever. It’s got FSH and 116k in the clock,
Bilstein coilovers wound right down, first job is to lift them back up so the car can be driven properly.
Miltek non res.
AMD map, (no proof).
Auto lights “.
Armrest.
That’s about it for spec.

I’ve done the recommended checks on here to check for chain tolerance, even though there is mixed opinions on this. The car will be getting chains + clutch sorted in the spring time just for piece of mind really.
The car will be kept in a garage of sorts, more like a lean to but at least its protected from weather and I have a truck for work so it won’t do that many miles.

I have recently got full version of vcds so I’ve given it a full scan and cleared the codes and then seen what’s come back after a week.
Couple of codes pointing towards driver door lock module - which I also worked out as the puddle light washing coming on and fuel pump not priming. After a couple of searches on here I ordered a new door lock module.

As it’s pitch black now in West Yorkshire before and after work, and I work most weekends. I dropped the car off at my local garage to sort those 2 bits for me as I literally don’t have the time.

That’s about it for now - will try and upload some pictures of the car if I can work out how. Taken t for a trip up to North Yorkshire this weekend and going to some fun B roads.

Georgeemsley

Georgeemsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
[attachment=260252:677E3219-E716-4919-BF43-EFF34B95FAD9.jpeg][attachment=260254:C357E958-939E-44A7-BCD4-075892CF8D5A.jpeg]

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
Welcome to the forum George your picture not working,The module on these cars are prone for failing..If your round Richmond north Yorkshire way give me a shout

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19354 posts
Welcome to the forum...
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Georgeemsley

Georgeemsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

Sorry I wasn’t near Richmond mate!

Been super busy all week and the car is tucked away for a while now, after doing nearly 300miles since purchasing to make sure everything’s in order. She’ll be getting a service once I’ve got some fresh oil and filter + Haldex service kit.

Can anyone help me work out how to get some pictures uploaded?

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
I use
https://postimages.org
To upload photos just use the drop down menu to 16 monitor

Georgeemsley

Georgeemsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
https://postimg.cc/tZmt7shj
  • Georgeemsley likes this

Georgeemsley

Georgeemsley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Just about managed to upload a couple of pics, since having the car I’ve changed the drivers side door lock module as the puddle light wasn’t coming on and it was throwing a couple of codes as well. All seems fine but now intermittently the car thinks my door is open when it’s not - so I’m thinking the cheap module I got of eBay may be the reason why....

Also changed the oil for some descent 5w-40 and a new filter. Along with winding the coil overs up about 25mm, it was sat on its arse and impossible to drive properly on the roads around me.
The bilstein coilovers are really good and feel great when pushing the car!

About 800mikes of driving and so far so good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.