Headlining re-trim Mk4 - Interior and Exterior - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Headlining re-trim Mk4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Need a bit of advice: Headlining/ pillar covers etc are manky and need sorting. I want OEM colour, not black. Can anyone recommend me a trimmer in the SE area? Will re- trimming be significantly cheaper than new replacement?

Cheers.

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Been looking into this. The rear upper trim at the back of the headlining is NLA. All the other parts can be purchased. But its not cheap. You are looking at about 1200 plus vat for a sunroof model 2 door. A visit to a few trimmers is next.

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Update - a year later.

I had it re-trimmed last winter Parted with 500 quid. It looked good, but extra bulk where the material was wrapped over the hard panels made it a bastard to install. upper trim at the tailgate was especially tricky. The clips just wouldn't hold it in place, so you were constantly looking at it hanging down one side or another in the rear view mirror.

Then the sun came out. My professionally trimmed headlining proceeded to peel itself off as the glue gave way in the heat. To be fair, trimmer did say he would do it again. As yet I have been unable to make myself go through the ball ache of removing the headlining etc again. Had I known this in advance, I think I would have just gritted my teeth and shelled out for a new one.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2904 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Update - a year later.

I had it re-trimmed last winter Parted with 500 quid. It looked good, but extra bulk where the material was wrapped over the hard panels made it a bastard to install. upper trim at the tailgate was especially tricky. The clips just wouldn't hold it in place, so you were constantly looking at it hanging down one side or another in the rear view mirror.

Then the sun came out. My professionally trimmed headlining proceeded to peel itself off as the glue gave way in the heat. To be fair, trimmer did say he would do it again. As yet I have been unable to make myself go through the ball ache of removing the headlining etc again. Had I known this in advance, I think I would have just gritted my teeth and shelled out for a new one.

Im in the same boat mate, Im in need of it being re-done, Sagging a little above my head and around the sunvisor, been quoted the same, £500 just to get the job done.
Following a guy on Insta, seems to know his shizzle, probably do it soon......

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Dragging this back up again.

MJ - did you get your headlining done yet? My car looks like a shed with lining hanging off all over the place.

I am not on the face book groups, but does anyone have a 2 door sunroof headlining they are getting rid of? Any recent breakers?

Cheers - Chris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.