Mk4 Moonlight Blue - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk4 Moonlight Blue

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
So I bought another R32 which was a members cars 3years ago. When the person bought it off of NickP it sat in a work shop not moving for 3 years then I got it. I drove it home form Lincoln to Leigh on sea 170 miles. Where it had been sat the stereo lost the code, popped to Halfords to get the stereo keys as there normally written on top. On the way home pulled out of a side road and the rear bolt that goes through the anti roll bar drop link rear shock absorber in to the trailing arm fell out and spun me. Lucky there was no damage. Got the car to my brother in laws work in Chelmsford https://www.pmwltd.co.uk/. So far it’s having 4 new boots, new discs and pads, brakes hoses, fully poly bushed, full fluids and filter change ( gearbox, diffs, haldex, coolant, engine) plugs, thermostat and a new rear trailing arm with new bearing and abs senor. I’m sure there will be more to add to the list.
Attached File  76348E49-8353-4A9B-AE6C-852549A5427A.png   800.02KB   9 downloads

Edited by Dub-dan, 28 January 2019 - 08:14 PM.

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Nice. Plus it’s in the best colour.....

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Ploy bushes and new rear trailling arm. Done

Attached Files

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Some excellent work going in to this

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
New brakes done and new thermostat to go in. Someone cut out the guts on it????

Attached Files

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
So after replacing nearly every nut and bolt and rubber o ring I got the car back. Now drives like a dream but only one problem go fine until 4000rpm to 6000rpm it’s hesitant after that then goes again. Could this be coil packs no faults on Vcds any ideas or help appreciated.

Liam-R32

Liam-R32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Good work, never seen discs with those style groves? What's the advantage of them? Are you replacing the bushes yourself?
2003 Diamond Black 3door VW Golf MkIV 3.2 24v V6 R32

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
No all done at the garage Mtec discs and mintex pads £265 there alright still bedding them in.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Found the fault unplugged maf and it’s like driving a different car sooo much better. New maf on order.😭 more money.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Found the fault unplugged maf and it’s like driving a different car sooo much better. New maf on order.😭 more money.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
A little update last month she got a private plate, 6x new coil packs, maf and brake light switch. This month new plunger for inlet manifold, changeover rod and solenoid. Slowly replacing every part one bit at a time😂

Marzo

Marzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationNorway

Love this colour!

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Been a good day of it today fitted new short shift kit, new plastic across windscreen and new splitter then for good measure a clean.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
This colour is growing on me👍

Attached Files

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Right car went in for a few bits and just got these photos back from the garage. So new cams etc going in but would you do timing chains now reading -7 and -7 or wait till they get worse any help please chaps most welcome. Thanks

Attached Files

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
I would do them now

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5482 posts
Wow get them done now if u intend to keep the car for long term.

The insides of that engine look really dark and burnt.

How often has the oil been changed in that car ??

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5482 posts
Any more photos of the car ?

Looks like indigo blue in the pic above

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
The history is okay 62146 miles on it when I bought it in jan now on 64000 ish needs another engine flush defo.

Attached Files

Edited by Dub-dan, 20 June 2019 - 09:35 PM.

• Gti Fly likes this

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Right car went in for a few bits and just got these photos back from the garage. So new cams etc going in but would you do timing chains now reading -7 and -7 or wait till they get worse any help please chaps most welcome. Thanks

Do the chains asap mate. -7 is not a good look.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5482 posts
Yeh a can of engine flush would be good before next oil change

The colour looks really nice in the sunlight for sure

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yeah gonna have a few oil flushes getting schrick cams as there £100 more each then gens, 24 roller rockers, 24 lifters, timing chains, sprockets, tensioners, guides, rocker cover gasket, timing cover gaskets, various other seals. All gonna spot on until the next bit that needs doing.
  • Gti Fly and MJVR6 like this

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
And a new clutch now

NickP

NickP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
Well this a blast from the past!

Sorry to hear about the issues you been having with my old car bud.

Loved this car.

My fav photo was on way to Awesome GTI meet (attached)

I now have an RS6 Performance, will make a thread for it :)

Attached Files

Edited by NickP, 24 June 2019 - 06:54 PM.

McPikie

McPikie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

The chains on these don't really stretch from my findings, it's the sprockets and tensioners which wear down.

If you're putting cams in, then it would be rude not to do the chains whist you're there, but look into replacing the VVT sprockets whilst you're there, and getrainly get the VVT housing off and check the mesh filter which feeds the oil to them. 

Main parts to be changed are..
- V021 109 467 TENSIONER 1.00 £27.90 EACH 
- V021 109 469 GUIDE PIECE 1.00 £4.09 EACH 
- V021 109 569 SPROCKET 1.00 £36.57 EACH 
- V03H 109 465 CHAIN 1.00 £43.82 EACH
- V03H 109 503 CHAIN 1.00 £43.82 EACH
- V03H 109 507 TENSIONER 1.00 £27.90 EACH 
- V066 109 509 A TENSIONER 1.00 £13.62 EACH 
- V066 109 570 SPROCKET 1.00 £12.03 EACH 
- VAWI 188 001 02 011824/SEAL PASTE 1.00 £42.47 EACH
- VN 104 883 02 011822/BOLT IIEX.HD.W 2.00 £1.41 EACH 
- VN 900 411 02 011824/0-RING 1.00 £0.78 EACH 
- VN 906 650 01 FLYWHEEL BOLT 10.00 £2.15 EACH

Although those prices are old now.

Might want to  look at DMF too.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks for the replies everything ready just waiting for Schrick cams then let the party start. Can’t wait to drive it again.👍

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Well that was the longest wait ever for car parts dropped off the cams last night ready for the garage to get it all back together. 👍
  • McPikie likes this

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Please tell me that it gets better compression test done down on all cylinders. 🤬 so head cam off all exhaust valves not seating correctly.🤬💩 now being relapped in and new stem seals it’s like a never ending money pit compared with my old one. Oh well at least it will all be new.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
The head has been sent off for a skim it’s been off before but was 2mm out in some places. Just goes to show low mileage examples doing short journeys don’t help them.

Attached Files

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5482 posts
Tough luck there bud. I've always thought low mileage cars , or at least ones that are low and don't get driven hard are ones to worry about
.it will be nice one it's all fixed and back together. It'll probably feel a lot more powerful no doubt if it's been like that since you've had it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.