Mk4 Moonlight Blue - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk4 Moonlight Blue

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks bud only done 1500 miles or so since Jan when I bought it, it wasn’t as quick as the last one just couldn’t put my finger on it, thought it was me nice to know that I’m not completely🤪.

Edited by Dub-dan, 04 July 2019 - 07:52 PM.

McPikie

McPikie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Jesus, you're having a right 'mare with this aren't you

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hopefully be back together next weekend then I’m going for the longest drive I can.👍

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
So tomorrow is d day engines been running and is sweet as a nut thank god. Just Mot, 4wheel alignment and test driving it.
  • Gti Fly likes this

jones2500golf

jones2500golf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Locationdurham

hope it all goes well

McPikie

McPikie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

So tomorrow is d day engines been running and is sweet as a nut thank god. Just Mot, 4wheel alignment and test driving it.

Would be good to see what variation you have on the timing chain values after having them replaced.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Mate, Did you change the VVT's at all or only Chains & Guides?

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Think they changed all of it now got 500miles of granny driving until all bedding back in then checked again in about a months time.

Edited by Dub-dan, 12 July 2019 - 06:53 PM.

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Right it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. 3000 miles put on it and all was going well, noticed it started to sound tappy like a 1.1 fiesta. Nothing on vag com readings all good as before. Took it in for some other work like rocker cover started to weep so they started it nothing ran silent🤬🤔. The garage drove it in and out for a week then went to change the rocker cover gasket and found this.

Attached Files

Dub-dan

Dub-dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
They found all the bearings and everything else in the sump and it had slipped a tooth and taken a very small bit off the edge of the cam.The only thing me and the mechanic can think of it had a failed valve spring causing valve float and breaking 2 of the new rockers. So ordered a new set of uprated valve springs. Now awaiting a few bits from Germany then she can go back together can’t wait. Along with the miltek manifolds sport cats and non res.
  • illegalr32 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.