MAP Sensor Installation (ColorMFA Feed) - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

MAP Sensor Installation (ColorMFA Feed)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

BlackpoolR32

BlackpoolR32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBlackpool
I've just updated the MFD in my Mk4 to a ColorMFA, and part of the latest firmware offers selecable digital '5th Gauge' display, one of which being boost pressure read from the MAP sensor. Obviously on a 20VT/TDi model this MAP sensor data feed is already integrated, but for the R32 will need to be retro fitted.

I run a VF Stage 2 Supercharger, so my current thought is to modify the VF hard pipe from intercooler to throttle body with a welded boss for the MAP sensor to mount to (I have the metal variant pipework). However, as with a few VAG modifications there's sometimes a redundant mounting point for sensors/mounts/cables as standard that's available from factory but isn't used or blanked off. So if one of these exists on the intake system somewhere, I'd much rather use that for a clean install than go straight for the cutting disc.

I've not poked around many turbo conversion R32's, but I assume they use a MAP sensor as part of the installation for mapping. If so, where and how have these been fitted by you or your tuner/installer? Photos of your sensor mounting and cable runs would also be greatly apreciated for inspiration too if possible.

Thanks in advance!

In a bit,
Leon.
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice!

DougalR

DougalR

South East Organiser

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 6820 posts
  • LocationKent, near Canterbury

A lot of people don't fit them and map around them. The R32 ecu doesn't have the boost part enabled or programmed. I'm sure there is a way you can do it.

However you can fit map sensor. I fitted one in the boost pipe just before the throttle body.

You can use a sensor off a 1.8T or a TDi car. just split the wiring off the maf loom.

you can read boost pressure and air temperature with these sensors...

To get boost to read on your colour MFA you will need to run a wire from your Boost/Air Temperature sensor to the Green plug pin 17 on your instrument cluster wiring as of course the R32 doesn't have this wire.

May the boost be with you

.:Rotrex powered sleeper...well sort of.... :)
You can only plan so far.....After that, well you have to take a few leaps of faith.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.