OK, so I bought a blue MK5 back in February and quite frankly, never looked back! After driving it, I knew then I had to have one and got rid on my A4. It was the only one I want - the blue one! I searched for quite a while and originally went back to the first one I saw (price drop enticed me back). It had the majority of the things I wanted - heated seats and full leather. It was missing things like a headunit with sat nav, cruise control and a MFSW.
Here's a lists of things I've done. I've included some pictures too.
- ARB front replaced
- New tyres all round
- Android head unit installed with DAB, This is my second one as I decided against one with no buttons to go for a more stock look.
- converted a non MFSW into a MFSW
- retrofitted and coded cruise control.
- rear camera (mounted in the boot)
- underseat speaker (just to add a little bass which it was sadly lacking - not boy racer)
- Powerflex dog bone.
- new mats
- boot gas struts
- engine clean
- a full clay bar and compound on the bonnet. I still need to do the rest.
- a service - change of filters and oil
- led interior upgrade
- led sidelight upgrade
- touch up on stone chips
- subframe fix - bolts
- tidied up all the rubber with a silicone
I'm sure there's more but I will add to the list.
Anyway, enough of me rambling, here's some pictures.
20190422_155617.jpg 67.58KB 11 downloads
20190609_165025.jpg 55.62KB 11 downloads
20190512_174554.jpg 44.29KB 11 downloads
20190512_124646.jpg 39.01KB 11 downloads
20190212_113917.jpg 54.82KB 11 downloads
20190212_115726.jpg 60.53KB 11 downloads
This is my current head unit. 32GB 4GB ram and pretty much does everything. Google maps, voice etc.
20190520_130430.jpg 52.61KB 11 downloads
This is my non-MFSW and a couple of pictures of the transformation.
I had to cut away the foam on the non-MFSW. A slow painful job. I did buy a passat sterering wheel and take the controls off that. It worked out cheper!
20190326_124449.jpg 53.94KB 11 downloads
20190326_131352.jpg 60.13KB 11 downloads
20190326_142141.jpg 50.06KB 11 downloads
This was the original Android screen I chose. With no buttons, it wasn't the best choice, it didn't look stock and the colour (glossy black) didn't quite match my interior.
20190212_150058.jpg 52.63KB 12 downloads
IMG-20190609-WA0011.jpeg 54.01KB 11 downloads
Edited by stuartj9, 09 June 2019 - 06:41 PM.