What's the best way to get to 350bhp from R32 - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

What's the best way to get to 350bhp from R32

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

golfmk2_r32

golfmk2_r32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi, Currently got mk4 r32 and want to achieve around 350bhp. I've been reading up and think supercharger would be the best route for me. Which places in the UK would you guys recommend? And I believe I should be good to just get a stage 1 conversation? Thanks Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3484 posts
Super charge is the route to go and try rushworth Performance for the parts you need
  • MJVR6 likes this

smp

smp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDorset

Anyone know what performance figures you can expect from 350 bhp ?

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 698 posts
Best choices these days are Storm or Rushworth, TRD apparently aren't offering conversions any more.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Hi, Currently got mk4 r32 and want to achieve around 350bhp. I've been reading up and think supercharger would be the best route for me. Which places in the UK would you guys recommend? And I believe I should be good to just get a stage 1 conversation? Thanks Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Morning mate.
You can also DIY with a Vortech VF 1/2 or 9 Charger.
I bought my kit from the states and fitted myself.
Mapped at Stealth Racing.
Its the second VF kit that Ive had as previous was on my Mk3 VR6.

Kits do come up for sale now and then.

I paid under £2K for everything.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

golfmk2_r32

golfmk2_r32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Thanks, will get in contact with the companies mentioned. I'll love to do a DIY project, will Google to see if I can find any. Will I need to do any engine work, like changing injectors, etc or is it plug and play? It's a mk2 with mk3 vr6 gearbox, will this be able to handle that much more bhp? Under 2k wow that's decent, will keep an eye out Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Thanks, will get in contact with the companies mentioned. I'll love to do a DIY project, will Google to see if I can find any. Will I need to do any engine work, like changing injectors, etc or is it plug and play? It's a mk2 with mk3 vr6 gearbox, will this be able to handle that much more bhp? Under 2k wow that's decent, will keep an eye out Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

You need to see if you can have clearence on top, so charger dont hit chassis leg. (VF Chargers).
May need to raise the engine a bit to make sure all is clear.

6PSi (Stage1) nothing internal needed to be done, even with the next pulley at 8PSi you can still run stock injectors.
You may reach under 400hp, I know of another 32 that made just over 380horses with the Stage 2 set up.

Not sure if the Rotrex is a fab idea neither to mount at bottom as Im sure they isnt much ground clearence there unless you can get hold of the Mk3 VR6 Bracket for the Rotrex and can customise it so it fits at the Top.
Again need to see clearence.

MJ.

H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

golfmk2_r32

golfmk2_r32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Thanks for the reply, good point bout clearance, its very tight in the engine bay as it is so will be very difficult I reckon. Will Google if any mk2's have had this conversion Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Thanks for the reply, good point bout clearance, its very tight in the engine bay as it is so will be very difficult I reckon. Will Google if any mk2's have had this conversion Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Morning, Have a mate who has a MK2 VR6 running a Rotrex fitted on Top.
Cant remember how much of height difference there is between 12v & 24v Head.

MJ

'Built Not Bought'.

RoguePlank

RoguePlank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSouth Derbyshire

You'll probably need stage 2 to get 350bhp, larger injectors recommended like the Bosch 550cc ones.

Rushworth can supply everything you need if you go down the Rotrex route, then get Stealth to map it.

Or you can buy a full RUF kit from Carlicious - (https://www.carlicio...Kompressor_Kits).

The Rotrex units tend to be a bit more expensive but get slightly better gains than the RUF blowers.

I'd advise going down the Rotrex route with Rushworth as they will be able to fabricate any mounting brackets you need and sort pulleys too, they've got CAD and CNC capabilities, better suited to your Mk2, Mk3 custom application.

I wouldn't bother with the Vortech/VF-Engineering kits, they're really old now and not supported anymore I think, and provided less gains than either RUF or Rotrex.

Expect to spend about £5k all in as a rough ballpark if you're buying new. If you buy a used Rotrex kit, get Rushworth to inspect and service the blower.

Mk4 R32, supercharged Rotrex Stage 3+, 405bhp. 

golfmk2_r32

golfmk2_r32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Will keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one as in no rush to get this converted. If I went for stage 2 and approx 350bhp, I'll need a dif right? As I suppose that's too much power to get down on fwd. If there's any one on here with the conversion already done on mk2 please pm me, would like to hear other people's experiences or even better, go in one :-) Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.