Carls Mk5 r32 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Carls Mk5 r32

Vehicle

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Hi, new to the site, bought this mk5 r32 off a member on here, dsg stage 2 map and stage 1 dsg map. Lowered on apex coilovers. A good base and im just doing a few bits to make it my own and be a daily. I have a mk2 jetta as a toy.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:10 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19346 posts
Welcome to the forum...
  • Bigdeak likes this
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Started off with all led lights inside and out. Had issue with side lights being so bloody fussy, tried 2 different canbus bulbs, even tried vcds to code out the warning which didnt work in the end. Still working on that one.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:14 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I bought some dsg extenders, fitted them and hated them and took them off

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:15 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I noticed the headlights were different colours so with advice from another member i bought some osram blue boost 7k hids. Lovely white/ blue tinge.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:18 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Next i found some dbp key covers and r32 keyrings, also changed the key cases and new batteries. The covers dont fit perfectly but good enough

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:19 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Found time inbetween rain to properly clean the car, claybarred and despite looking so clean it was actually pretty badly contaminated. Hours and hours later it was silky smooth and wax protected for the winter months

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:25 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Wingmirror indicators were knackered so replaced with dynamic style. I cant upload video for some reason but its the sweeping audi stylee

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:27 PM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Welcome to the forum and some excellent progress so far
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Next was cleaning up the engine bay. All completely standard, sound proofing removed as it was hanging down.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:29 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
R32 kick plate and matching footrest off ebay

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:31 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I noticed the passenger side wasnt locking so i replaced the door module and all working now, also bought carista so i changed a few things and turned on the us side lights set to 35% so not to melt bulb holders.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:34 PM.

• Jojograbro and iooroiidvd like this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Ordered a forge induction kit and i did read reviews before, mine doesnt rub the bonnet but wait to see how the forge plastic bit holds out. Also genuine porsche 911 oil and temp caps and a black wiper fluid bottle top.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:36 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Mine didnt come with a r32 manual so i bought one off a member on here and put my service record with it. Much better and learnt a few things about the car

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:38 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Boot nice and tidy and i have a lot of cleaning products from my sponsor cvr auto supply so got a nice detailing bag ready for whenever i need bits. Looks nice velcro to the boot floor

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:40 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So i couldnt decide on exhausts, i wanted miltek, i saw the Lucifer and like it too, i got an offer from an ebay seller making the miltek very similar price so decided to go with it. Cat back system, sounds amazing now really made a difference

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:43 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
My friend got my a cool freshener from rubvdub in us. Long way to come for an airfreshener but love it

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:44 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
R32oc stickers arrived

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:46 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Polished Fusebox cover went on, not sure about it yet may come off but leaving for now

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:47 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
A friend popped over with similar car and i fell in love with his wingbacks

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:48 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So what happened next? I bought some wingbacks and im collecting and swapping my seats saturday, £1000 and my seats so worked out pretty well. Going from isle of wight to Worthing saturday to swap.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:50 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
The forge sticker was winding me up so i swapped it for a matching colour. Also a member on here told me where to get blue ht lead covers whuch havent arrived yet as coming from germany. Engine bay will be finished then and will be happy.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 November 2019 - 09:52 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So in less than 2 weeks ive got to this point. Ive got loads more bits coming, tommorow i drop it off at jw autoshine and paintless dent repairs. Theyre doing the entire car and cleaning it for me inside and out. £250 well spent i hope. I can see around 10 dents and dings. All small but things like that wind me up. Should look stunning after. Ive ordered car mats off a member on here who has been a massive help, full set of black mats with dbp surrounds and r badges on all 4 plus the boot mat. I cant wait to see them but will be a few weeks more until theyre delivered as theyre custom made in germany. Also the wingbacks Saturday and a trip to a friend to deactivate airbag light for the seats once weve swapped on sunday. If you havent guessed when i have a project im full on and pretty anal. My mk2 jetta has been a 5 year project and now its finished i think the r32 has my full concentration but i need to keep reminding myself this is a daily. I will keep things updated when things arrive. I absolutely love this car, the drive the look and the sound is just perfect and its nice to have another vw.
  • MJVR6 likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Welcome to the forum...

Thankyou the forum has been a big help so thought id do a progress thread

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Welcome to the forum and some excellent progress so far

Thankyou lots more to come :)

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 695 posts
Awesome stuff!
  • Bigdeak likes this

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

So in less than 2 weeks ive got to this point. Ive got loads more bits coming, tommorow i drop it off at jw autoshine and paintless dent repairs. Theyre doing the entire car and cleaning it for me inside and out. £250 well spent i hope. I can see around 10 dents and dings. All small but things like that wind me up. Should look stunning after. Ive ordered car mats off a member on here who has been a massive help, full set of black mats with dbp surrounds and r badges on all 4 plus the boot mat. I cant wait to see them but will be a few weeks more until theyre delivered as theyre custom made in germany. Also the wingbacks Saturday and a trip to a friend to deactivate airbag light for the seats once weve swapped on sunday. If you havent guessed when i have a project im full on and pretty anal. My mk2 jetta has been a 5 year project and now its finished i think the r32 has my full concentration but i need to keep reminding myself this is a daily. I will keep things updated when things arrive. I absolutely love this car, the drive the look and the sound is just perfect and its nice to have another vw.

Hope you like the Mats when they arrive mate.. :)

MJ

• Bigdeak likes this
<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Hope you like the Mats when they arrive mate.. :)
MJ

thankyou buddy i cant wait to see them. Thinking of taking them to a detailing place to seal them with some protective products as they are too nice to risk them getting damaged over time. Cant wait to see the quality
  • MJVR6 likes this

stuartj9

stuartj9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Welcome. Very good thread and I will be keeping an eye on it. Great work.

• Bigdeak likes this

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Started off with all led lights inside and out. Had issue with side lights being so bloody fussy, tried 2 different canbus bulbs, even tried vcds to code out the warning which didnt work in the end. Still working on that one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.