Carls Mk5 r32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Carls Mk5 r32

Vehicle

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Halford sell a canbus resistor adaptor kit to stop the sidelight errors. It only costs 7.50
  • Bigdeak likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
The mats of mj are excellent quality and I also got the boot mat
  • MJVR6 and Bigdeak like this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Welcome. Very good thread and I will be keeping an eye on it. Great work.

Cheers buddy

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Halford sell a canbus resistor adaptor kit to stop the sidelight errors. It only costs 7.50

I did see those the other day, do they actually work? Have you fitted one on yours?

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

The mats of mj are excellent quality and I also got the boot mat

I think i might have seen are they grey in grey mk5? Thats the reason i ordered them, they look amazing

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Yep, fitted to mine, they work.
  • Bigdeak likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts

I think i might have seen are they grey in grey mk5? Thats the reason i ordered them, they look amazing

They are mate

Markos

Markos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ordered a forge induction kit and i did read reviews before, mine doesnt rub the bonnet but wait to see how the forge plastic bit holds out. Also genuine porsche 911 oil and temp caps and a black wiper fluid bottle top.

Would you recommend the forge kit? Does it sound much better than standard?

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Would you recommend the forge kit? Does it sound much better than standard?

Definitely not just the sound but throttle response. Very impressed with it

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So picked up the golf from dent repair place and detailers. They did such a good job all completely invisible and well worth having done. Havent got before and after pics but he spent 10 hours removing around 10 dents one of which was a nasty crease. All for £150 plus vat. Even included a clean inside and out.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 15 November 2019 - 06:50 PM.

• MJVR6 and Markos like this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Swapped my standard seats for wingbacks. 😍

Attached Files

• Markos likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
They dont have set the car of them seats

Obiwanph

Obiwanph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Do you find you sit lower in the wingbacks? I’ve got the standard seats and even on their lowest hight i feel I’m sat on top rather than in the car.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Do you find you sit lower in the wingbacks? I’ve got the standard seats and even on their lowest hight i feel I’m sat on top rather than in the car.

I find the opposite, my old seats went pretty much to the floor and the wingbacks dont go anywhere near as low.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Yep, fitted to mine, they work.

worked a treat, thankyou

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Skyline mod lights turned up today against all odds. Only tested, not fitted yet

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 21 November 2019 - 01:04 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Blue ht lead covers came too, took 10 mins to fit and completely change the look

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 21 November 2019 - 01:06 PM.

• iooroiidvd and Muska like this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
New boot mech fitted as they old one didnt self return, didnt bother taking pic. Was pretty easy to do, luckily got away without taking wiper motor off.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Got some r badges for the wingbacks, dont fit perfectly which is annoying but close enough

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 21 November 2019 - 01:09 PM.

• daveyboy likes this

Markos

Markos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Where did you get the skyline mod lights from? Are they plug n play?

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Where did you get the skyline mod lights from? Are they plug n play?

The company's gone bust and not plug and play no.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So fitted the skyline lights today, tried to wire to the clusters but just was not working properly, ended up wiring to the number plate lights and seemed to have done the trick. Very close light output but may look into led tail lights for a closer match. Anyway heres a few pics.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 23 November 2019 - 04:51 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Managed to find a new grill as mine has 4 cracks, close to original without being a million pounds. Thanks to a joel who let me have it delivered to his house and dropped it off to hovercraft for me. Bloody isle of wight. Going to keep it smooth and maybe have number plate on with magnets. Doing it tommorow.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 30 November 2019 - 11:43 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So my cars developed a stutter/ hesitation. Also ive noticed what i think is cam chain noise. I started off by panicking and now ive decided to put into vw to diagnose and sort out, also while theyre at it replace aircon fan as its seized, dsg service and hadex service. Its probably going to cost a fortune but i have a friend who works there who im going to ask be the only one who works on it. He knows how i want things to work as in if parts are ok to reuse then great if not replace and he knows his shit. So im back to using my mk2 jetta as a daily until a courtesy car is free. I love my r32 and i feel as its on 125k that a good service record and a vw receipt with all major work completed will be the best for reselling when the time comes. After this all will need doing is paintwork. Im having a stage 3 paint correction in january by a professional so will look great and hopefully be future proof at probably great cost
  • Muska likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
To be continued.......

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 01 December 2019 - 10:56 AM.

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 695 posts
I'm betting coil packs

fazi123

fazi123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Managed to find a new grill as mine has 4 cracks, close to original without being a million pounds. Thanks to a joel who let me have it delivered to his house and dropped it off to hovercraft for me. Bloody isle of wight. Going to keep it smooth and maybe have number plate on with magnets. Doing it tommorow.

Hello mate - Sorry to hear your cars having issues. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to get it running nice again :) 

On a side note - where did you get the grill from? I'm looking for a "Smooth" grill too :)

Thanks

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

I'm betting coil packs

Got no codes coming up though :/

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Hello mate - Sorry to hear your cars having issues. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to get it running nice again :)

Ebay, but i bought the last one, not sure if or when they restock. Was £179

Cheers, grill was off ebay but i bought the last one so not sure if or when they will restock

On a side note - where did you get the grill from? I'm looking for a "Smooth" grill too :)

Thanks

Edited by Bigdeak, 01 December 2019 - 09:34 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
So the jetta is now the daily for time being. Hates cold starts, no heating as matrix leaked and i bypassed. isnt normally a problem as i only use in summer. Gonna miss my luxuries

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 01 December 2019 - 09:37 PM.

• MJVR6 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.