Carls Mk5 r32 - Page 3 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Carls Mk5 r32

Vehicle

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

So the jetta is now the daily for time being. Hates cold starts, no heating as matrix leaked and i bypassed. isnt normally a problem as i only use in summer. Gonna miss my luxuries

You have the Retro Alpine Set up..

Now that is Class.....

The pull out was one of the best back in those days.. Sound quality was fab!!!
Use to have the Pioneer Centraux before the Alpine..

MJ

• Bigdeak likes this
<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Thanks to mjvr6, my custom mats arrived, while the cars away im having them sealed to protect them. So theyre ready for when i get the car back

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 03 December 2019 - 10:21 PM.

• MJVR6 likes this

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2945 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Thanks to mjvr6, my custom mats arrived, while the cars away im having them sealed to protect them. So theyre ready for when i get the car back

No worrys man!! ;)

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Took the mats to get sealed at local detailers got them sealed and looking stunning. 8 months of protection

Took the mats to get sealed at local detailers got them sealed and looking stunning. 8 months of protection

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 05 December 2019 - 12:19 PM.

• MJVR6 likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Heard back from vw, stuttering is caused by the maf wires being damaged and the cam chain unfortunately does need changing. Bit annoyed as ive only had it 3 or 4 weeks now and bought off a member on here saying it was checked every year with vcds. Vw sent me pic of the tolerance. 0.5 is max and its on 0.5. So given the all clear for them to go ahead. just waiting on quote to also have the aircon fan replaced (as siezed) possible wheel bearing, haldex and dsg services. Dreading the quote but it needs doing. Should be future proofing it anyway.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 06 December 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• Muska likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Vw found a bodge, some lazy dick splash has previously painted the wheels while on the car. Thats embarassing for whoever it was. Theyre due to go yellow anyway in summer but may get them done when it goes in the detailers. Things like this really piss me off. It takes 5 mins to take the wheel off.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 10 December 2019 - 02:33 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Just had phone call from VW, theyve now found the flywheel doesnt spring back, so now having one fitted, bill is getting seriously expensive now. Theyve promised to help me best they can with at least 10% off. I have some friends who work there who are doing their best. Bill before discount is now £4200 shit tonnes of work though and obviously all genuine parts fitted by the best vw mechanic on the island. Cannot wait to drive it after all this work.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Was sent some pics of the strip down, still more to come off but getting there.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 10 December 2019 - 06:27 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
New chain, guides and tensioners on, was 1 whole link out on top to bottom chain via aux shaft

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 11 December 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Some work going into this
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Some work going into this

sure is mate

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Engine casing back on and degreased with new seals, new flywheel on, new aircon fan and haldex serviced with proof of filter being cleaned. Theyre proper cracking on. Also had to order a few other parts as i had a coolant leak, new pipes, thermostat and thermostat housing and a new alarm siren as that wasnt working. I ordered some new shortened droplinks too but probably wont arrive in time to be fitted on this visit but only have a small split in boot so may wait until nearer mot.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 12 December 2019 - 03:05 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Today car is finished. New wheel bearing, thermostat housing, thermostat, coolant pipe, alarm siren, dsg service, brake fluid service. Aircon tested fully working after fan replacement. Picked the car up this eve. 5 days to do all that work and its faultless. Over the moon.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 December 2019 - 08:29 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Smoothed grill fitted, also i fitted magnets for the number plate. Will do the plate later and wrap back in felt.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 13 December 2019 - 08:32 PM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 695 posts
Awesome stuff, that is one sorted car!
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Took a few pics in daylight, having a car day so will give it a fresh clean

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 14 December 2019 - 12:24 PM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Brilliant mate..bet your glad to have it back
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Had a noise which we couldnt easily diagnose. Still not 100% sure what it is bull certainly dulled down after finding this. Someone in the past ysed the wrong grease. Was like water. New joint incase and the proper grease completed by vw. Also have feedback when going round roundabout which i now know for sure is the driveshafts being too long where its been lowered. Note the 3 shiny spots in the bottom of cup. Will either raise slightly or get shortened driveshafts at a later date.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 17 December 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Got round to sorting the magnets out for my front plate. Large stromg magnets bonded to back of the grill, then thin strong magnets bonded on to the back of the plate with felt backing so not to scratch. Tested on a little drive and didnt move at all. Very hally with how ot turned out although the plate wont be on it that much 😂

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 22 December 2019 - 10:41 PM.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Ive now bought new top mounts and cheap fk coilovers to put on so i can take my apex coilovers off and refurb them. Previous owner didnt look after them despite them not being very old they are seized. Will get them off the car, free them and put back on after. Looking at raising the car slightly to sort out this driveshaft length issue.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Brilliant work mate
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Spent the day giving the 32 some love, really went to town on her cleaning, decontaminating and protecting. Will be even better in a few weeks when ive had the 3 stage paint correction and callipers painted.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 23 December 2019 - 03:50 PM.

• Muska likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Picked up a few vw parts over xmas, genuine vw valve caps and a 2006 brochure which was pretty difficult to find for a mk5 for some reason. Brilliant looking through it.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 05 January 2020 - 01:04 AM.

• iooroiidvd likes this

Muska

Muska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Really impressed with the work you've put into this car, it's a great example now, cared for very well.  

How are the magnets on the front holding up out of curiosity?

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Really impressed with the work you've put into this car, it's a great example now, cared for very well.

How are the magnets on the front holding up out of curiosity?

Thanks buddy, magnets are doing well, tested on the mainland on motorway, didn't move at all even at speed. No scratches or any issues at all. Worked out really well 😁 only small worry is leaving the plate on in rain for weeks on end with the felt getting wet. I admit the plates hasnt been on the car much, but we dont have traffic cops on the island since all the cuts.

Edited by Bigdeak, 05 January 2020 - 03:50 AM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3412 posts
Stunning
  • Bigdeak likes this

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLowestoft, Suffolk
Loved following the progress of this car! (I follow you on Instagram too) Really good to see an r32 getting the work done instead of just selling on like alot of people do!
2007 MK5 R32, deep pearl blue, 5 door, sunroof, recaro wingbacks, decat/non res milltek, neuspeed p-flow intake, stage 2 remap.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Cheers mate, this ones for keeps so need to take care of her and shes on 126k now so need to try and prove shes looked after in order to try and claw some money back when the time does come . Whats your insta name? Just so i know its you

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLowestoft, Suffolk

Cheers mate, this ones for keeps so need to take care of her and shes on 126k now so need to try and prove shes looked after in order to try and claw some money back when the time does come . Whats your insta name? Just so i know its you

Yeah mate, all about future proofing them and doing the work nobody else will! My Insta is @r32_4aron 👌
  • Bigdeak likes this
2007 MK5 R32, deep pearl blue, 5 door, sunroof, recaro wingbacks, decat/non res milltek, neuspeed p-flow intake, stage 2 remap.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Decided eventually that it looked better without the rear wiper so i killed it. Also been ordering parts again, rockford fosgate amp, sub and visual ice r32 stealth box. Dynamic self leveling vw centre caps and a few other bits. Will post on here as i go.

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 18 January 2020 - 05:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.