Carls Mk5 r32 - Page 8 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Carls Mk5 r32

Vehicle

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Took the r32 to my local vw dealers the same ones the completed the timing chain and major work exactly a year ago. I had a minor service as i had a major last year £179 didnt find anything else wrong which is good. I took a pic a year later. Its changed quite a bit 😂

Attached Files

Edited by Bigdeak, 21 December 2020 - 02:14 AM.

• daveyboy, BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE and Muska like this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
Looks good Carl
Does it work better than the oem ones fitted when you push the button for night mode

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Looks good Carl
Does it work better than the oem ones fitted when you push the button for night mode

The rear view mirror? The mk5 one i didnt even know had a button until i removed it, it was underneath and hard to reach the mk7 one has no button but works quicker and you can see clearer when its dimming.

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • LocationSURREY

Took the r32 to my local vw dealers the same ones the completed the timing chain and major work exactly a year ago. I had a minor service as i had a major last year £179 didnt find anything else wrong which is good. I took a pic a year later. Its changed quite a bit

Looks good buddy
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Ive been after this mod for a while. Its a mk7 style reverse camera badge thats compatible with the mk5 with a minor mod and its to fit the vw rns510. So for those who dont know. You put in reverse the badge flips up and the camera pokes out. Drive off and badge flips down. Not that i need a reverse camera but more of a cool oem plus mod. I will be fitting later in the year once its warmed up a bit.

Attached Files

• daveyboy likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
I was looking into doing this but got messed about with the seller

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Really? They were great to me. Arrived pretty quick too.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I used a colour coded dbp vinyl from klii motorwerkes on the new reverse camera badge. Same as my mk6 badge on the car now. Looks perfect 🥰 very happy

Attached Files

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Also got my mk6 heater conversion bits all turn up and hopefully fit this tomorrow.

Attached Files

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

I admire your courage to do this kind of job. Really nice upgrade but of the type that takes me out of my comfort zone. 

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts

Really? They were great to me. Arrived pretty quick too.

Which one did you go for and is it connecting to a Rns510

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I fitted the mk6 controls today amd wasnt expecting that the buttons you press also come up on the stereo. Which is a rns510. Very happy with it.

Attached Files

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

I admire your courage to do this kind of job. Really nice upgrade but of the type that takes me out of my comfort zone.

It was plug and play for me. But i have seen others have issues.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Which one did you go for and is it connecting to a Rns510

Heres pic of what i ordered. The fascia is a chinese version and it fits and looks bloody good. Was relatively cheap to do like this.

Attached Files

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts

Heres pic of what i ordered. The fascia is a chinese version and it fits and looks bloody good. Was relatively cheap to do like this.

The rns510 is the header unit and which camera did you order for it..The heater controls look really good

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Oh sorry the camera

Attached Files

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

The rns510 is the header unit and which camera did you order for it..The heater controls look really good

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.