5 door DPB MK5 R32 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

5 door DPB MK5 R32

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLowestoft, Suffolk
Hi all, new to the forum but thought I'd set up a little progress thread for people to read aswell as to document the things I've done.

I was on the look out for a well spec'd low tax bracket R32. I wasn't too fussed on colour, although DPB was my favourite. After looking for a while, I thought I'd found one that ticked all the boxes. It was a 55 plate (low tax), a few carbon bits, was ceramic coated etc.. but after arranging to collect the owner went silent on me. I was gutted to say the least, but 2 days later I found the one that I eventually bought.

The car was advertised as immaculate, and had the all important recaro wingbacks. After driving 4 hours to collect, I found the car had slight rust on the offside wing, the front sills were also then beginning to rust, the front brake pads were low, and the timing chain was noisey. I was gutted but I knew this car could be exactly what I needed. I was blagged by the seller that I wouldn't find an R32 that didn't have a noisey chain, and not looking into the prices etc I made an offer £250 below his asking price.. let's just say he snapped my hand off.

Now I know why he snapped my hand off, after attending low collective and meeting a few of the r32ocuk guys, I found out just how much the timing chain would cost me.. but luckily kev could sort me a great deal!

Here are a couple of photos of the car the day i bought it.

Will continue with more seperate updates and photos...

Attached Files

2007 MK5 R32, deep pearl blue, 5 door, sunroof, recaro wingbacks, decat/non res milltek, neuspeed p-flow intake, stage 2 remap.

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
First small modification was fitting team heko wind deflectors and some "4d plates" (no idea why they call them 4d 🤣)

Attached Files

2007 MK5 R32, deep pearl blue, 5 door, sunroof, recaro wingbacks, decat/non res milltek, neuspeed p-flow intake, stage 2 remap.

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I then had the corrosion sorted on the offside front wing, and both front sills.. although at this point it did still have corrosion warranty volkswagen were not interested.

Attached Files

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
The car came with a resonated milltek cat back, but soon found the flexis were blowing. I came across a full non res, decat milltek in much better condition than what was on it for £200. That then was fitted (YES ITS LOUD) 😂

Attached Files

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I then had the most expensive dreaded stuff done!.. Kev a member I met at low collective was highly recommended by alot of members, so I took it to him. He sorted me a really good deal out, and changed the clutch and flywheel labour free as I was having the chains done. All in all I paid £1600.

Timing chains
Sprockets
Tensioners
Clutch
Flywheel
Slave cylinder
Thermostat housing
And a service!

Still not received the photos of the work, but hopefully I can post them up at some point for documentation. 😏 The photo below is with his R36 turbo mk4 😍

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I then fitted the Neuspeed P-flow intake, and had AC tuning carry out a stage 2 tune on her. Really changed the way the car drove in a good way. Removed all of the flat spots and felt alot more responsive!

Attached Files

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
That's you pretty much up to date, other than small things like R32 aluminium inserts on the seat adjusters, USDM coding and LED interior lights.

Next plans are to lower slightly (nothing too drastic), a wheel change or at least a colour change, smooth front bumper, front bumper and bonnet respray due to stone chips and to just carry on enjoying the car.

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Brilliant job, similar story to mine
  • A20NHX likes this

A20NHX

A20NHX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Brilliant job, similar story to mine

Absolutely love your car mate! The attention to detail you give that motor is unreal 👌
  • Bigdeak likes this

Bigdeak

Bigdeak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Thanks mate, got loads more going on soon. Just waiting for bits to arrive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.