Front Sway Bar Issues - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Front Sway Bar Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SebHall

SebHall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Looking at the photos of how my front sway bar currently sits does it look correct to everyone? Also do the end links need to be adjusted longer than the stock ones for a lowered car? When the bar was first installed the links were set same length as stock but immediately caused issues with the bar hitting the frame of the car when driving. Had them extended slightly which solved the problem but now a knocking noise has come back and obvious place to start is the sway bar.

Attached Files

'07 | 5dr | DSG | Sunroof | Reflex Silver

SebHall

SebHall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

BUMP

HenryM3

HenryM3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Are those link arms rose jointed, if they are and you’ve done more than 500 miles then they are probably rattling/making a noise.
  • SebHall likes this

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5381 posts
I fitted rose jointed adjustable front bars , I also think you need to lengthen them when the car is lowered.

Also I got knocking noises too, I took mine to be cross balanced too at a motorsports place , and the bloke said he did the drop bars as tight as he could but they still knocked. I took them off as it just makes the car feel like a shed. Back to the donkey years old OEM links and no knocking
  • SebHall likes this

SebHall

SebHall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Forgot to mention here that I got the problem sorted. Turns out both the links were slightly different lengths and the lock nuts did not have any Loctite applied to them so they kept coming loose. The end position of the bar is fine and is just how the Superpro bars are designed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.