Next thing are front brakes. They were basically like new, ATE ceramic all around but I just wanted a little step-up.
So I've picked up an Audi TTRS 8J ones. 4-pot brembo callipers with 370mm discs
Starting price: 850€ for used callipers/discs/pads + HEL brake lines (pads were ripped, discs are on their last legs)
They are direct fit to mk5/mk6/mk7 platform
Model: from Audi TTRS 8J
Discs: 100.3367.70 - 370x32mm - cheapest I found them are for 356€. They are hard to get and it seems
like only Zimmerman and A.B.S are producing them
Pads: ATE 13.0460-4833.2 Price with rabat - 72,44 €
Dust seals: these callipers have 2 different piston sizes
I've replaced 3 dust boots. I had to get them from germany from Brembo shop, since nobody
here had them
44mm - 20.4872.48
40mm - 20.4872.46
Total price for 3 dust boots - 39,79€
New bleeding nipples: 361635 or 81053669. 4 of them were - 5 €
HEL braided brake lines: kept the old ones, they in red but it is what it is.
Otherwise new - custom made - cost 56€ (any color, any lenght)
Tools, paint and everything I've needed to rebuild them cost me - 170€
Total cost so I got these bitches running: aprox 1140€
I've made a mistake buying these as they were in pretty bad condition. If I would turn back time I'd go straight for RS3 365mm ones or maybe even 390mm custom setup. I'd cost me roughly the same as this. As I mentioned discs are on it's last legs but I will keep them on for this season. Because of all Corona shit I intend to put my car on the road for only 3 months this year so the discs can wait. This is my secondary car which only get driven here and there in summer. As I intend to buy myself a new daily I might transfer these brakes there. I don't know will see. For now this is my front setup I run on my R32
Before we proceed here are some links related to the websites where I check everything related to brakes, OEM numbers, fitting, prices,...
So are you ready to enter a huge mess. Damn it was painful to rebuild these mofos.
Disc's were cleaned. So much dust in them it is nuts. All of the holes were completely filled. Just why oh and ripped pads
So I have rinsed them and started to clean the old paint and dirt off
Work in progress...
I've also cleaned the other parts - bolts, brackets
New bleeding nipples
4-pot calliper compared to the OEM one. OEM are pretty big but 1 piston compared to 4
Ready to be sealed and painted
Oh and new dust boots And HEL brake lines
And everything painted. I've put some epoxi primer on callipers, I wouldn't have to but I did. Later I used a full dip paint which is made for painting the callipers. It is in spray. Everything assembled. Looks nice.
It was time to install them. Nothing major here.
I have also cleaned wheel arches, hubs and repainted dust shields quickly with some high temp. spray paint.
And the finished product.
My advice after doing this. If possible, avoid buying used callipers from ebay etc. At the end, it will cost you more to rebuild everything, than to get a full set from epytec or killerbrakes.
Edited by illegalr32, 22 April 2020 - 09:04 AM.