New head liner grey for my car - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

New head liner grey for my car

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tonylisa2020

tonylisa2020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does any one know were i can get a new head liner for my 2003 mk 4 r32please
  • tonylisa2020 likes this

barrym381

barrym381

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Locationglasgow
Have your own re trimmed

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Does any one know were i can get a new head liner for my 2003 mk 4 r32please

I need mines done as well....

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

TPS have / had pretty much all the parts except the top rear bar above the tailgate - so look after that bit. It is pretty expensive - over 1K.

I went the more economic route of having it re-trimmed by a professional. It was a bastard to re-fit, due to the thickness of the new material. within a few months, it started to peel off. Mainly at the C post covers. Over the course of the next year, in the hot weather, more of the glue would let go. This summers heat wave has been terminal for it. So now it looks like I am driving round in a total shed, which given the amount I have thrown at the car, pisses me off to quite some degree.

My advice: You will be very lucky to find a mint used one better than your own. Re -trim: Unless you use a very good trimmer i.e. bloody expensive, you will end up where I am, (my trim job wasn't exactly cheap). Buy a new one while you can. Buy cheap - pay twice.

My own plan now, is to try and retrieve it myself. I have nothing to loose. If it goes wrong, I will be buying another head lining.

As an aside. I have done some DIY trimming on a classic car, sticking vinyl to metal interior sections. I researched and sought advice on forums, and was assured that the really expensive Wurth gear was the stuff to use. Complete crap, all started peeling off. I tried re-gluing, to no avail. So I ended up ripping it all off, cleaning the glue off, and having another go. I ran out of spray glue 1/2 way through. Went down Srewfix and picked up a dubious looking product called No Nonsense Spray Adhesive. Stuck a piece of vinyl on an A pillar and got it wrong. Tried to pull it back off and promptly tore the paint off back to bare metal. So if you want DIY spray glue, use Screwfix own brand, as it is unreal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.