m6 R drop top - Golf R Corner - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo

m6 R drop top

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHull

never knew they made a drop top R, 5 for sale. cant have sold many

https://www.autotrad...ocation=at_cars

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Front wheel drive though, missing the whole point of an r over a gti. Can't imagine it's much fun trying to put the power down in the wet.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19209 posts
I think they were only available for a short period and sold a stupidly low number in the UK plus they were a stupid price new.

Edited by cuprabob, 06 May 2020 - 09:08 AM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I seem to remember vw actively pricing all mk6r's high to keep them 'exclusive'. An absolutly crazy idea, its still just a golf. They made up for it with the mk7 though, they seem to be ten a penny round here.
I very rarely see any mk4s, 2 or 3 mk5 and mk6's but probably see 5 or 6 mk7s every day.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19209 posts

I seem to remember vw actively pricing all mk6r's high to keep them 'exclusive'. An absolutly crazy idea, its still just a golf.

I think they were just taking the piss to be honest and the exclusivity was just a consequence :)
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

barrym381

barrym381

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Locationglasgow

I think they were just taking the piss to be honest and the exclusivity was just a consequence :)

They are definitely taking the piss they want 47k for a new r

https://www.autotrad...had=Used&page=1

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5353 posts
The Mk6 golf r cab was crazy money

When they came out, VW UK wanted 40grand for them ,

And the gti cab also came out at same time. And that was 30grand .

And the golf r cab is only fwd.

So you're basically paying 10k over the GTi cab for the r body kit and trim... Madness

Only a few sold. Then VW UK dropped the price by 10k later on, persumably to shift the remaining stock. and the few owners that paid 40k got a refund from VW UK !

Having said all that. It does look quite nice. Just shame it's 2wd !

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5353 posts
The Mk6 golf r cab was crazy money

When they came out, VW UK wanted 40grand for them ,

And the gti cab also came out at same time. And that was 30grand .

And the golf r cab is only fwd.

So you're basically paying 10k over the GTi cab for the r body kit and trim... Madness

Only a few sold. Then VW UK dropped the price by 10k later on, persumably to shift the remaining stock. and the few owners that paid 40k got a refund from VW UK !

Having said all that. It does look quite nice. Just shame it's 2wd !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.