Mk5 fan - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk5 fan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tony1yont

Tony1yont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I dont know if I am being pedantic.

But, I have noticed that for the past week my fan hasn't come on and yesterday did about 30miles in sports, but still no fan.

The temperature needle is bang on in the middle.

Is there anyway I cant test the fans are working without vcds.

Thanks in advance guys.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3120 posts
When you switch the air con on they should fire up to test they work
In normal condition if your car is spot on 90oc it won't come on till bout 100

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19203 posts
Just be aware that the coolant temperature gauge is "corrected" to display 90 over the realtime temperature range 75 to 105. It's more of an indicator rather than giving the realtime coolant temperature.

As said by Andy, the radiator fans operate continuously on low speed if the air con is enabled andvthe ambient temp is above 5 degrees. Once the coolant temperature reaches around 105 degrees the radiator fans will operate on high speed to enhance cooling.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Tony1yont

Tony1yont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks a lot guys.

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
You can use the secret menu on the climate control to find out what the actual car temp is not relying on the temp gauge which is a guide at best.
https://www.mk5golfg...p?topic=50280.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.