Where to take car for restoration - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Where to take car for restoration

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

James03

James03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I've got an 03 mk4 and it's been great - but with it being close to 20y-o I need a few things done to it - bodywork, bumper, paint, trim, supension some slight electrical gremlins, and all the bushes, seat bolster rips etc.

I'd love someone that could take it off the road for me and sort all the niggles, get it back to pristine condition.

I don't need to drive it so could take it anywhere in the UK - wondering if anyone has done similar, or would recommend anywhere in particular?

Edited by James03, 25 May 2020 - 12:12 PM.

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationHull

where abouts are you?

what budget have you got?

loads of variables but cars should never be restored to increase the value as you'll never get back what you put in

alexh

alexh

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationFulham

Maybe try Redish Motorsport - www.redish-motorsport.com

They do restorations on BMWs but I'm sure the website used to have a VW section as one of the owners was into them.

Here is a video of the work they did on an E46, if you skip to the end of the video you can see the level of detail they go to. 

Racky

Racky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationN London

Wow. You can eat your dinner on the undercarriage !

alexh

alexh

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationFulham

Wow. You can eat your dinner on the undercarriage !

Yup, they are spotless when the restoration is done.  

On most of the videos they upload they show the before state and the level of cleaning work they do must take forever, I'd be interested to know what the hours are on these projects.

They did a 3 year followup on a couple of cars after the restoration and it was amazing to see how easily they cleaned up as they had coated everything in some kind of protection sealant, visible dirt just washed off.

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 690 posts
Love this but how much does it cost though?

Edited by iooroiidvd, 29 May 2020 - 02:48 PM.

HenryM3

HenryM3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I’m restoring or should I say putting it back into decent shape, long and tedious job using electrolysis to derust as the above sort of work is out of my financial league. It is interesting to note though that the bodywork is amazingly good for a 17 year old car.

Attached Files

alexh

alexh

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationFulham

I’m restoring or should I say putting it back into decent shape, long and tedious job using electrolysis to derust as the above sort of work is out of my financial league. It is interesting to note though that the bodywork is amazingly good for a 17 year old car.

That looks amazing, I'd love to be able to do this, sort of reminds me of these guys on Velocity Artisans who Cerakote parts.

https://www.velocity...us-parts/387182

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.