New owner - Page 2 - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

New owner

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Update . Öhlins dealer in Barnsley has confirmed that the lead time is 4 weeks at least . The factory is on reduced time and the scheduled summer holiday starts in mid July . Hmm. What to do. KW variant 3 another option, but I will try other places tomorrow just in case someone somewhere has a hotline to Öhlins . Bugger. 

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Öhlins in stock at the manufacturer so could be with me by next week. Work has progressed today , and now the back end of car is pretty bare. The calipers were awful once I git them off, so refurb kits in their way along with some paint. That little piece of brake pipe that goes from hose to caliper managed to twist as soon as I got a spanner close to it, so I need to get/make replacements . Hel hoses ordered from Awesome GTI today who then messaged me a couple of hours later to say that they were out of stock and would get them in 5-7 days . Wheel arch liners out ( underneath is excellent , so they have done a good job ) so more prep tomorrow and some painting . This is taking longer than I had imagined , but then I have pulled everything bar the diff and subframe off the car , so.it serves me right .

Oh, and I need new pads!

Attached Files

• Muska likes this

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 643 posts

That little piece of brake pipe that goes from hose to caliper managed to twist as soon as I got a spanner close to it,

Glad it wasn't just me being dumb when I did mine then :)

I looked everywhere but ended up sourcing from ebay, bought two needed one so still have a passenger rear if that helps?

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 643 posts

Awesome GTI today who then messaged me a couple of hours later to say that they were out of stock and would get them in 5-7 days

Why am I unsurprised :)

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3176 posts
They always twist trying to undo them.. I just bought new ones

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Yep. I have a really nice brake pipe flaring tool ( vice mounted ) so was quite relaxed until I realised that the flares are all SAE din and all my dies are SAE ( different angle on the flare) So, bought a pair of pipes . The fitting to the caliper is an odd size too, definitely not 10x1 . I am just hoping that I will not have the same issue when I undo the hose from the other end of the pipe, particularly the drivers side , as the pipe runs back to the master cylinder . Plenty of Plus Gas and mucho care should do it . This ‘ it will only take me a day ‘ job is turning into a ‘ no I am sure I said it would be a whole weeks worth ‘ type of conversation over the breakfast table . 
When I bought the car I was really pleased to have ‘only’ spent £9000. I definitely need to keep this car for a long time now, as it is already at £13000 and I have not mentioned wheels or front brakes . They will both have to keep .

They are nice cars though!

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Lunchtime update. Prep for some painting. The hub carriers had a two day bath in Bilthamber Deox C . Brilliant stuff for de rusting without pain.I should have dropped the discs in as well , now I think of it. However. POR15 is excellent on rusted surfaces so all will be well😅

Attached Files

• Muska likes this

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

And two hours later ........... Oh, the faded picture behind the trailing arms ? A former mistress in the exquisite shape of a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo .Why did I sell it ? Moved house from Lincoln to Ashbourne, and the price differential meant that something had to give . The Delta lost ( but it did pay for all new window, new roof , new central heating and probably a bottle of wine ) 

Attached Files

• Muska likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.