VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Console bushes

958 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VelovetAndy 
#1 ·
Been looking at upgrading the front console bushes but if you have done this upgrade you will know there is a chance of the bolts stripping or snapping so as I looked into it more I see people have filled the with polyurethane filler etc

#2 ·
I did this recently, and yes the bolts did snap - ended up getting a replacement subframe off ebay !!!

I did fit new bushes, powerflex, which dont come in the housing, so that was another nigtmare, pressing them into the housings.

But when all was done, loads of new bolts, upgraded the front ARB at the same time, new ball joints etc it does drive really nice.

#4 ·
Interesting, might have been luck of the draw, mine with lots of penetrant fluid and taking it slow with the breaker bar with no issues.

Luck of the draw at times I think with some bolts.

I went OE VW, but wished I had looked more at super pro's bushes.

#5 ·
For what it is worth, I am delighted with the Superpro bushes and they are very easy to fit .It is dismantling the original stuff that can cause a bit of heartache. Because of my below par shoulder, I used my impact wrench to remove all the old bolts. Downside was a sheared bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.