New Owner - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

New Owner

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

UnbornBones

UnbornBones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi guys,

New owner, black 07 plate R32 - 99k miles, DSG - From what I can tell the car is pretty much standard except a milltek exhaust and a few cosmetic changes. I spent a while looking as I really wanted a DPB that had been well looked after but couldn't find one, I viewed a few that were apparently excellent condition but they all turned out to be pretty rough. In the end I went to view this one just because it was close by, it had high mileage and 10 owners which would usually put me right off but was pleased to see the bodywork in really good condition. It has a few age related marks and rust starting on one of the front wings but the interior is immaculate.

I think the previous owner didn't know too much about the car as the advert wasn't the greatest but turns out its got the original sat nav radio with 6cd changer in the armrest and electric folding mirrors which is a nice bonus. Looks like the chap who owned it before the last owner spared no expense with full new oem suspension, new bushes all round, new anti-roll bars, all in the past 2 years and so the car drives like a dream.

The bodywork needs a little tlc which I'm happy to do and I don't think its on the original wheels so my main plans are to get it looking oem and keep it running well - It also has carbon wing mirrors so I will get those changed back to original at some point. 

Here are a few pics of it when I collected it, will give it a proper clean in the next week or so and get some better pictures up.

Thanks, Wayne

Attached File  R32_FB_06_20_1.jpg   92.68KB   1 downloadsAttached File  R32_FB_06_20_2.jpg   86.83KB   1 downloadsAttached File  R32_FB_06_20_3.jpg   47.12KB   1 downloadsAttached File  R32_FB_06_20_4.jpg   83.87KB   1 downloadsAttached File  R32_FB_06_20_5.jpg   47.93KB   1 downloads

• MJVR6 likes this

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Welcome to the joys of R32 ownership. I am a newbie myself, so first tip is to spend some time reading through the posts on here. There is a  huge amount of very useful information to be had .

Andy

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19242 posts
Welcome to the forum...
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Muska

Muska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Welcome :)

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
The wheels are genuine vw velos 'accessory' wheels, so are oem vw, just not on the r32.
I have them fitted to mine in titanium finish.

UnbornBones

UnbornBones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks guys.

Seems to be loads of useful info on this forum.

Managed to find a set of recently refurbished omanyt wheels so they will be going on the car.

Attached File  C63DB31F-CB11-452A-B21B-BF6B8161DC81.jpeg   62.22KB   1 downloads

Also ordered a rosstech hex tool so I can plug that in and have a check any fault codes - planning on keeping the car long term so hopefully in the long run that will pay for itself.

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Good call on the Rosstech. Nice wheels too. You must be good at looking in the right places.

Rifleman AJ

Rifleman AJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

welcome smile.png

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7255 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon

Welcome to OC :)

820 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.