Cruise control on the r32? - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise control on the r32?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Petrolheadr32

Petrolheadr32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEssex

Hi Guys,

Any one know how to fit cruise control to there mk4 golf r32? or if its best to get a quote from a garage?

regards

barrym381

barrym381

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Locationglasgow
The stock and wiring loom down to the fuse box then someone to activate it I’m sure all r32 had the wiring upto the fuse box from Ecu

Matbiggs

Matbiggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

im looking for the same thing, been quoted £199

HenryM3

HenryM3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I bought the kit of VW some 15 years ago £65 can’t offer much on the details of fitting even though I did it. Remember that it wasn’t overly difficult and it was plug and play. Had to change stalk fit a relay into a slot already there, plug-in the supplied loom, The whole kit came in a box with full instructions. I’m sure there is a write up on the Ross Tec website on how to activate the cruise. I’m no electrician so can’t be that difficult if I managed it.

dazr32

dazr32

Senior Citizen

• Members
  • 2624 posts

Had mine fitted 16 years ago when i bought the car, Technician said it was very simple to do, Fit hardware (stalk) and tell the car its there, Vag com I believe will help you with that, Must be a video on you tube.

Posted Image

stuartj9

stuartj9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I done my own on a mk5 - easy! I had to add the stalk, change the plastic thing under the steering wheel (can't remember what it's called now. It's black with a yellow bit on it) and use VCDS to tel the car it's there.

Sean.R32

Sean.R32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Didn’t some come with it as standard? My Mk4 did I’m sure of it!

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Didn’t some come with it as standard? My Mk4 did I’m sure of it!

Both my old mk4 R32 (sold new in Germany) and my current mk5 R32 (sold new in Sweden) had/has cruise controll fitted from the factory. I guess it depends on the market/nation it was sold in what was standard..

CC was not standard in the uk on the R32? 

Edited by Sabaselfsit, 09 August 2020 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.