Speaker Upgrade Mishap? - In Car Entertainment - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker Upgrade Mishap?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Raxef

Raxef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey everyone! I'm getting a new head unit installed in my Mk5 R32 (https://www.crutchfi...MH-2660NEX.html) and while I was at it, I figured I would upgrade the speakers (and add an amp) to improve sound quality. In my ... eagerness to get something in there, I ordered this kit for the front and rear, which was recommended to me: https://www.crutchfi...ine-S-S65C.html along with a 4 channel amp and a powered low profile sub.

However, upon receipt I realized that I can't do math and that the doors have 3 speakers each, not 2. Would the lack of a 3rd speaker on each side make a big difference? Does anyone have some experience with this?

Edited by Raxef, 11 July 2020 - 08:49 PM.

stuartj9

stuartj9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Most only come with 2 speakers anyway. Mine did. I upgraded to 3 in the front (each side) and rear a 6.5 and a tweeter.

Raxef

Raxef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Most only come with 2 speakers anyway. Mine did. I upgraded to 3 in the front (each side) and rear a 6.5 and a tweeter.

I'm pretty certain that I have 3 in the front in mine.

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Mine has 3 in each door it was part of the 10 speaker audio pack option along with an rcd 500 head unit I think.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19258 posts
The 10 speaker set up was part the soundpack along with the Harmon Kardon amp under the passenger seat. I think it was standard with MFD2 and RNS510 headunits and optional with the RCD300 and RCD500.

Edited by cuprabob, 12 July 2020 - 08:39 AM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Raxef

Raxef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The 10 speaker set up was part the soundpack along with the Harmon Kardon amp under the passenger seat. I think it was standard with MFD2 and RNS510 headunits and optional with the RCD300 and RCD500.

Is the amp decent? Or should it be replaced? I have zero knowledge when it comes to audio stuff and quality.

ChrisGR32

ChrisGR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Mine originally had MFD2, so has 10 speakers, but no amp. Just been outside and checked under the seat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.