Mk5 haldex oil change - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk5 haldex oil change

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Obiwanph

Obiwanph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I took my car to my local independent garage for servicing and I got them to change change the haldex oil. They told me they did the rear haldex but the front haldex they didn’t have time to do so I’ve booked the car in again next month. My mechanic has just rung me to say he has been in the phone to VW and they’ve said the front haldex is just normal gearbox oil and doesn’t require haldex oil? Can anyone confirm this?

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

There is no front haldex, there is only a front axle differential which yes share oil with the gearbox oil. 

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19258 posts
As said, there is no Haldex at the front. I assume he is referring to the transfer box.

These threads might be helpful;
https://www.r32oc.co...ansfer-box-oil/
https://www.r32oc.co...lsplugs-58-mk5/

Edited by cuprabob, 21 July 2020 - 04:52 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Obiwanph

Obiwanph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Brilliant. Thanks guys.

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • LocationHull

thats why you want a vw indie.

and the reason i do almost 10% of my yearly millage getting it serviced at Gaz's in lincoln

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

This post turned out useful for me to. I bought my mk5 this spring, and going through the recepts of service history on the car I see they changed gear oil (3 liters) together with haldex fluid (1 liter) with filter, rear axle oil (1liter). BUT there is nothing mentioned about 1 liter in the front for the transfer box. I just assumed it shared oil with the gear box like my mk4 R32, but the above information show otherwise. 

Thanks guys. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.