R32 mk4 starting issues - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

R32 mk4 starting issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gillen307

Gillen307

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Really stuck with this one! Please help if anybody has had similar issue.

Car has stopped starting for me it will crank and almost start but then dies and nothing, Tested the fuel pump doesn't seem to be the problem as it is priming and I can hear it prime, checked the relay from the fuel pump also doesn't seem to be the problem, next step was to take it to mechancic who has an r32 he took out ecu and tried it in his car which it worked fine in so I think that cancels that out, also noticed my fuel guage no longer works on car as it wont move from empty position. changed battery also to no avail. If anybody could shine any light on this I would really appreciate the help

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19258 posts
Have you scanned the car to see what fault codes are stored?

Crank postion / engine speed sensor is a possibilty.

I assume there is petrol in it :)
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Gillen307

Gillen307

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Lol yea fuel in both tanks, only fault codes came on car when I put on computer was 17924 intake manifold valve (n156)  open circuit p1516 no signal/no communication.... but its not the most up to date computer for a good scan off the car. I will check them sensors out and check back in with results thanks

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2865 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Lol yea fuel in both tanks, only fault codes came on car when I put on computer was 17924 intake manifold valve (n156)  open circuit p1516 no signal/no communication.... but its not the most up to date computer for a good scan off the car. I will check them sensors out and check back in with results thanks

I had the same issue, Believe it or not it turned out to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Also I did not have any faults nor EML flag up.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.