battery keeps going flat - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

battery keeps going flat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

doug1969

doug1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi everyone i have an issue with my battery going flat on my MK5 R32 the battery is new and is charging ok its a major head ache ,

has anyone got a picture of the fuse box and fuse layout for the mk5 r32 please and thankyou in advance

ChrisGR32

ChrisGR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Fuse box is not going to help with a new battery going flat. You either have parasitic drain or your alternator is not charging. Or a canbus problem.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19258 posts
Have you recently changed the headunit?

You can get battery drain on pre 2007 cars if some headunits are retro-fitted and the Canbus Gateway is not updated.

Edited by cuprabob, 31 July 2020 - 05:01 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.