O2 Sensor Help - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

O2 Sensor Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RobbieNZ

RobbieNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I have a 2006 MK5 VW Golf R32 with a CEL light on with code P2197. Bank 2 Sensor 1. This is a RHD car. Does anyone know which side is Bank 2? I assume the sensor 1 is pre-cat. Just confused as to which sensor to order and what side it’s on when sitting in the car. Thanks!

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19299 posts
On a RHD car, Bank 1 is driver's side and Bank 2 is passenger side. Yes, sensor 1 is pre-cat.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

RobbieNZ

RobbieNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Do you know if these sensors are the same? Trying to find a part in New Zealand and it seems somewhat confusing for my small brain

ChrisGR32

ChrisGR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

You need this one. https://www.ebay.co....nUAAOSw3R1XTvvo

Front right is looking at the engine from the front of the car.

I've used these before. The quality is OK  for the price and they do post to NZ.

Good luck.

Edited by ChrisGR32, 12 August 2020 - 08:53 AM.

RobbieNZ

RobbieNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You bloody legend. Thanks for that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.