R30T build, lot of questions - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

R30T build, lot of questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

digit4lguy

digit4lguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi team,

Lots of questions about R30T build aiming @ 600-800HP.

Motor is ready, turbo already on shelf. Starting to put everything into 1 piece.

#1. Which gearbox and transfer case should I use to avoid blowing them up every week? Need toughest ones.

#2. Fuel pumps, I was told to use 2 x Bosch 044 fuel pump. Where to put them to minimize noise they make?

Maybe instead of 2 x 044 (2 x 300LPH) i should go with 1 fuel pump which is about 600LPH?

Edited by digit4lguy, 01 September 2020 - 11:01 AM.

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

The 044 pumps are noisy but very good. The boot is the best place. Mount them on a plate that is itself mounted to the floor via some bobbins . That will really reduce the vibration and noise . I made the mistake in a former build of mounting rigidly. Pumps worked  fine but you knew that were running. As for the gearbox, I am an R32 newbie so no experience or knowledge to offer.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Drp off the 2.84motion is supposed to be a stronger/thicker casing, you would want to change the forks for steel ones and a 4th gear support as a start ,I’ve also been advised on getting either diesel gears of monster performance gear set

digit4lguy

digit4lguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

about fuel pumps i think maybe better and quieter solution would be to sell those two 044s and buy one fuel pump which i can mount in gastank and it would have 500-600lph efficiency? but i did not found any yet, not with efficiency like mentioned.

gearbox: only DRP is that tough? I have got one gearbox, bought it as a "high power ready" but dont know code of it and im pretty sure that first brutal launch control will blow this thing up.

I want to visit from time to time some night driving sessions in my town where we can try some drag racing on closed area or some 1/4 mile events for amateurs. Im worried that every event i would have to change gearbox.

I have also a DQ250 from A3 8P R32 (took motor from it) but Im wondering if it is a good idea to mount it in a powerfull fun car.

It wont be a daily car. More weekend fun car. Needs to be loud, fast and RELIABLE as much as it is possible in that power range :D

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

That is why the 044 pumps are so popular . 600hp is serious stuff. Hence the difficulty in finding a suitable in tank solution , although I agree that the latter is ideal .

digit4lguy

digit4lguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ofw8z1qbd9kt_t.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.