Hunting and idling at 1500! - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Hunting and idling at 1500!

Vehicle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Danneh

Danneh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

Bought a 2008 mk5 r32 about 4 months ago, in the past month the car has started hunting when at idle (after starting the car and when stopped in traffic) the revs rise to 1500 and sit there for a few seconds before dropping back down and then it climbs again.

Any help on what the issue could be before I start to do anything.
Any help would be much appreciated.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Hi guys,

Bought a 2008 mk5 r32 about 4 months ago, in the past month the car has started hunting when at idle (after starting the car and when stopped in traffic) the revs rise to 1500 and sit there for a few seconds before dropping back down and then it climbs again.

Any help on what the issue could be before I start to do anything.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you a Vac  leak somewhere?

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

buyers remorse

buyers remorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Might also be a knackered battery.

Danneh

Danneh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So... upon inspecting the battery to check what I need for a new one I found this

https://ibb.co/7WFJJN8

Swimming in about 8cm. The entire boot and everything around has always been bone dry. So I can only assume that it’s come from the battery itself. πŸ™„πŸ™„

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vehicle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.